Klipsch La Scala Floorstanding Speakers

4.74/5 (62 Reviews) MSRP : $2798.00

Submitted by Janet Hughes-Adams a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: November 25, 2013

Bottom Line:
I've owned my Klipsch Lascalas now for many years, and I love them. Amazing, clear 'might as well be live' music. A couple of things though:
1. Your amp has to be nice (I run a vintage Marantz 2285B), or they sound like crap.
2. Your spouse has to be nice, 'cause these babies are big!
We listen to a huge variety of music from rock & indie to classical & jazz, mostly records, but movies and our ipods too. Under all circumstances, my Lascalas really ROCK! Highly recommended.

Submitted by James a AudioPhile

Date Reviewed: June 10, 2010

Bottom Line:
Amazing speakers very detailed sound , punchy bass , very efficient speakers no need to get a powerful amplifier to make them sound loud , clear vocals , one of the best speakers ever built , they were built at first for home use but a lot of people ended up using them in professional fields for their quality sound and powerful sound .

Submitted by riflemann a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: March 4, 2010

Bottom Line:
My pair of 1980's La Scalas w/ AA x'overs are the best sounding speakers I've ever owned and the list is impressive. I had a pair of Heresey's in the 70's and still have a pair of KG4s from the 80s, and a set of Infinifty Interlude series in a home theater and for 2 channel music the La Scala's are in a league of their own. I have also had Pioneer HPM 100s, Theil, JBL L100 and Advents. I have powered the La Scalas with a vintage Pioneer receiver (35 watt) Harmon Kardon 2 channel amp (50 watt ?), and a pair of Adcom GFA 555's bridged to mono (800 watts +) and all sound great. They don't need much power but the Adcom's must be very clean at low demand because acoustic guitar or piano at low to moderate volume is incredible. At louder volumes the soundstage is absolutely unbelievable (Pink Floyd; Time) when the Adcom's virtually unlimited power is available. I regularly listen to older Jazz, Blues and rock on LP's. While the LP's are in near mint condition, the original recordings (Louis Armstrong, John Coltrane, Charlie Parker, Howlin' Wolf, Papa John Creach, Muddy Waters, John Mayall, etc.) are not. The recordings include pops and other distractions but the music comes through like no other speaker I have used. Mine are the industrial looking plywood cabinets and have been moved around a lot judging by the dents and scratches, but they are very sturdy and very strong. Hard for me to believe anybody could be disappointed with a pair of these.
Low bass is weak for modern rock n roll and some jazz but perfect for acoustic music. I have a Klipsch powered Sub which adds strength and depth to electric bass as needed.

Submitted by SteveOhhh69 a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: December 9, 2009

Bottom Line:
I own a pair of Lascalas as well as a pair of Heresys. I ove them both and they sound awesome together. They are connected to a 1979 Sansui G-8000 receiver pushing 120 watts per channel. These are fantastic speakers and sound like live music. I have loved the sound of Klipsch speakers since i first heard them when i was in high school in the late 70's.To me this is what music is supposed to sound like. When people hear them for the first time they are amazed. Its hard to believe how much sound is produced with little or no distortion.I listen to all types of music and it all sounds great. These babies scream and fill the large room they are in. If you have a chance to hear them DO so. If you are planning on purchasing a pair i would highly reccommend that you do. This is the best money ive ever spent. Thank you Paul Klipsch!!! You da man........

Submitted by wwaterman2 a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: June 19, 2008

Bottom Line:
I have had these La Scalas for about a month and have them connected to a NAD C272 amp. They sound fantastic!!! They require very little power to sound great!
They have a great stage sound and the seperation is perfect, the highs and mids are perfect. I don't understand about others saying that they lack bass, my pair sound great to me! I would recommend these to anybody! Guess the Klipsch cult got another member. P.S. they are very loud with very little power! Neighbors complain, possibly they are going deaf!

Purchased At:   e bay

Anybody ever heard the Klipsch La Scala?

I just saw a pair in an Antique Mall? HUGE two piece speakers with a bass module and horn mid/horn tweeter in another module. They are sitting in his booth with other merchandise sitting in the ports on the bass module. I didn't see the bass modules until I got to looking closer at the mid/tweeter h ... Read More »

Need good amp / reciever for Klipsch La Scala...Suggestions?

I would like to purchase an amp or possibly a decent AVR that will work well with my Klipsch LaScala's. I'm not an audiophile but would like to build a system that is worthy. I currently have an old Marantz 2330 Reciver and my amp is a yamaha ax-400u. I'm not sure if I need to have a separate amplif ... Read More »