Klipsch La Scala Floorstanding Speakers

4.75/5 (65 Reviews) MSRP : $2798.00

Submitted by Patrick a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: November 10, 2017

Bottom Line:
Incredible speakers. They are so pure and fill the room instantly. They never get tired either. The biggest problem most people have is they try to feed these beautiful speakers with 150w - 500w amps. That is NOT what these speakers are designed for. Go get you some fake big base rubber foamed bouncing thingy if that is what you are in to. 2W - 75w tube is the best for these. Sit back and enjoy the music not the BOOM BOOM BOOM! If you like the pure sound of the music and want some of that fake boom boom stuff put a sub with them. That will satisfy mot of the listeners taste. Hook them up to a 5w amp close your eyes and listen at 50% you will think you are in the middle of the concert hall smiling ear to ear. Love them. Peace Out Patrick

Submitted by Larry a AudioPhile

Date Reviewed: November 8, 2017

Bottom Line:
These are the last speakers I will ever own. They have given me listening pleasure for over 30 yrs. I'm just glad my originals cost 800 dollars a piece. Special little note: a friend of mine still has the original Klispshorn given to his dad by none other than Paul Klipsh. In the early 70's we ran it of a am/fm radio, that's how efficient these speakers are. 1 watt at 97db.

Submitted by R. B. Jeffrey a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: May 19, 2015

Bottom Line:
I bought these speakers in 1975. I chose them because of their reproduction of instrumental sounds. With your eyes closed you feel like you are in a front row seat at the symphony. Reproduction of the sound of a french horn is so real it is almost unbelievable. They sound as good today as they did the first time I heard them. I had them cleaned and tested about 8 years ago and the technician could find nothing wrong.

Submitted by Janet Hughes-Adams a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: November 25, 2013

Bottom Line:
I've owned my Klipsch Lascalas now for many years, and I love them. Amazing, clear 'might as well be live' music. A couple of things though:
1. Your amp has to be nice (I run a vintage Marantz 2285B), or they sound like crap.
2. Your spouse has to be nice, 'cause these babies are big!
We listen to a huge variety of music from rock & indie to classical & jazz, mostly records, but movies and our ipods too. Under all circumstances, my Lascalas really ROCK! Highly recommended.

Submitted by James a AudioPhile

Date Reviewed: June 10, 2010

Bottom Line:
Amazing speakers very detailed sound , punchy bass , very efficient speakers no need to get a powerful amplifier to make them sound loud , clear vocals , one of the best speakers ever built , they were built at first for home use but a lot of people ended up using them in professional fields for their quality sound and powerful sound .