Klipsch KSF 10.5 Floorstanding Speakers

4.58/5 (43 Reviews)

Submitted by Goodwin Sands a AudioPhile

Date Reviewed: March 7, 2011

Bottom Line:
I picked a pair of these up at a thrift shop. At first I was totally unimpressed. Very bright and tough to listen to for long periods of time; fatiguing.

Or so I thought. Then I hooked them up to a higher end tube amp. Wow. What a transformation. They sound great with the change in equipment. Of course everything sounds 'better' with that amp, but I think this model Klipsch showed the biggest gain.

The moral is, these speakers seem to be very sensitive to the equipment in use. The improvement was so great I've left them hooked up.

(Three Stars is "Good")

Submitted by mithu a Casual Listener

Date Reviewed: April 8, 2007

Bottom Line:
what r u talking about?i know this person who owns one of these and they suck.he wants to get rid of them.he will give it away for free.pls contact him.his name is mitthulla

Price Paid:    $2000.00

Purchased At:   a shop

Submitted by pathighgate a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: November 30, 2005

Bottom Line:
I’ve had my 10.5s now for 8 years, and they have been pumping out music or home theatre sound continuously for a good third of that time. They still sound absolutely fantastic. I’ve been running them off a Yamaha RXV-592 since they were new, and even with a lower quality amplifier, these things can play VERY LOUD. More importantly, they can play loudly without out audible distortion.

Initially these were purchased for an audio only application, but they’ve made the transition to being the main drivers for my bedroom home theatre with no problem. Movies sound great on these. There is a rich, textured tonal quality to these speakers that help in the reproduction of poorer quality source material, such as mp3s or streaming Internet radio. Of course, this implies that they aren’t as accurate as possible, as a truly accurate speaker would make deficiencies in source audio more noticeable. But in this case, that’s a good thing. For the 10.5s, the tradeoff between pure accuracy and listening enjoyment sits at a very happy medium.

Overall, for the price (then and now), these are a fantastic value.

Purchased At:   The Good Guys

Submitted by brij420 a AudioPhile

Date Reviewed: June 13, 2003

Bottom Line:
these speakers are really great for the price i paid, but dont expect to get them for this cheap, cause i worked there and thats why i got them for that good, they put out great base, great highs, and are very responsive and efficent, and by efficent i mean that they can handle crappy cheap receivers running only 75-100 watts @1khz

Purchased At:   classic stereo and v

Submitted by Glen Hendrickson a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: June 29, 2000

Bottom Line:
I Have been actively putting together a Home Theater system for about 4yrs now.I've spent a lot of time getting educated about dolby prologic,digital,and ect..., my last really good system before this was a set of Cerwin Vega 123s powered by a Sansui G7700,circa 1980,I kinda lost touch for a while.Anyway I shop a lot at pawnshop's and have found some amazing deal's one of which is a pair of Ksf 10.5's. I purchased mine for 235 dollar's plus tax at Superpawn.I had shopped around a lot before I found these and knew what they were worth, and cost new.
I love these Speakers! They sound Incredible, very crisp clear high's,nice mid's,the low range is not all there but with a with a Klipsh subwoofer the sound is complete.
I like these so much I'm buying a used set of 8.5s for my bedroom.
PS: When I upgraded my Reciever to a used Denon avr 5600 I could'nt believe how much better they sounded.
Also I recently added a sony Dvp7000s dvd,cd player, what a differance that also made,You really do get what you pay for.