Klipsch Klipschorn Floorstanding Speakers

Considered a watershed industry event, the introduction of the Klipschorn set the standard for high sensitivity, wide dynamic range, low distortion, and smooth frequency response. Commonly called a corner-horn speaker, the remarkably uncommon Klipschorn includes a highly efficient horn-loaded tweeter and midrange compression driver. Its patented folded-horn 15 woofer delivers powerful low frequencies. These principles and these components, which drive the creation of every single Klipsch loudspeaker, are what make the Klipschorn as sought after today as it was decades ago.
  • Highly efficient: 105 dB 1W / 1M
  • Fully horn-loaded, full range, three-way system
  • 2 Capable of extreme output levels

Submitted by Dr. Glen Rasmussen a AudioPhile

Date Reviewed: April 11, 2017

Bottom Line:
I have had my Klipshorns since I graduated.8T1. Heard them at a dealer in Toronto while I was at U of T. After blowing up a number of mid efficiency speakers, and being a Classic Rock, Blues, Jazz fan. I have to say that K-horns sound like a live Concert in your living room. The bigger the room you have the better, but I have most recently compensated by putting some Bass traps, and acoustic elements on the walls to soften the brightness. The human voice, and horns sound alive and real coming out of the K-horns. I have not heard a bigger sound, that being said, they can get a bit fatiquing with long really loud sessions. They are a great value, and as has been mentioned, you do not have to have a monster amp to make them come to life. I have brought them to a number of Halls and Bars over the years and they outperform most PA systems. I currently run a Outlaw sub to cover movie and sound tracks, to real low Hz, but they are one of the only stand alone speakers. I have a pair of old Paradigm's as my rear for 5.1 sound, and you barley notice they are on, but they fill in the rear nicely.

Submitted by Scotty Mac a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: July 21, 2016

Bottom Line:
I purchased my circa 1964 Klipschorns in 1976 after reading a book about the physics of sound and Klipsch's designs. The tweeter horns are made of wood. I still have these speakers and listen to them every day. My first equipment was a used HK Citation I,II and III system with an AR turntable and the sound was superb. I much later moved to a McIntosh receiver (still have the HK) I later retired the Mac4100 as the radio crapped out and McIntosh no longer had parts for it. I bought a separate Mac system and after a lightning strike fried the Mac equipment, I had a lot of problems with the Mac equipment and was tired of sending the units back and forth for repairs so the lightning moved the music along. I bought a NAD receiver and are still evaluating it. No matter what amplification I used, the corner horns sound wonderful. In my 5.1 home theater system, I use two 1978 Cornwall and three Heresy speakers. A few years ago I had the Klipschorn caps and crossovers updated but can't say that the sound improved much. I don't know much about other Klipsch speakers but the corner horns, Cornwalls and Heresy speakers are a joy.

Submitted by Geo a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: February 20, 2016

Bottom Line:
I bought my K-horns in 1978 and I have never looked back!! During the 38 years I have owned them I have listened many a time to the very latest in speaker tech and speakers that cost upwards of $50K twenty some odd years ago, nothing compares to the transparency and accuracy of these wonders, PERIOD!! I have them hooked up to some old 75 watt valve amps and that is plenty in a room that is huge with still headroom to go. You don't have to listen to them loud, they sound soulfully great at low volumes too, the only caveat is to make sure your source material is the very best, because badly recorded programs are just plain bad. Don't be fooled by the latest in tech, as Mr. Klipsch would say "Bulls^&t!!"

Submitted by Chad a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: January 10, 2014

Bottom Line:
I worked in a "record store" in the late 80's. We sold the Klipsch lineup. I was just a teenager, and would marvel at the K-Horns in the brochures. We never ordered any unfortunately. A guy came in and said he needed money, wanted to sell his 1976 K-Horns. I went and listened to them, and borrowed money from my grandma to buy them. That was 1989. I am listening to them right now, still as pleased today as I was in 89. They are still beautiful, sound quality and looks. I did change out the old school cloth with more modern fabric, and it looks gorgeous. My Denon amp effortlessly streams music to whoever is within a block of the house... :-) Thanks to Klipsch for the longest running production speaker today in existence. 60 years, relatively unchanged!! I wont ever sell these monsters of beauty!

Submitted by ART VANDELAY a AudioPhile

Date Reviewed: January 13, 2012

Bottom Line:
I started with Heresy's after passing on ESS AMT-1's and JBL 100's. When CD's were introduced in the early 80's I upgraded to Klipsch Cornwalls. I've always wanted a pair of K-Horns. They were the best speaker I've ever heard. I got my dream come true last month. I found a used pair that needed a total refurb. It was the only way I could afford them. I love every note they produce. Well worth the wait.