Klipsch KG 3.2 Floorstanding Speakers

4.5/5 (14 Reviews)

8" and 10" woofer and a Super Horn tweeter

Submitted by Martin a AudioPhile

Date Reviewed: March 16, 2014

Bottom Line:
I've owned many speakers, including a pair of Klipsch Heresys series 1 currently residing in my listening room. Purchased the KG 3.2's last month because the price was so reasonable, and I needed some speakers for the lanai. Connected them in the listening room next to the Heresys for a test spin and was shocked at the amount of real bass these speakers put out. The Heresys aren't known for their deep bass output so they sit on a pair of 12" subs, the subs acting as speaker stands raising the Heresys up to ear level. This placement also helps to time align the subs to the main speakers. Well, the KG's didn't require the use of the subs, and for fun I decided to invite my brother in law over for a listen. John, my brother in law, is a musician and has a very discerning ear so I decided to play a little trick on him. I first played some music, Pink Floyd "Dark Side of the Moon" through the Heresys and subs, he was grinning from ear to ear, he even proffered a fist bump. I then connected the KG's but didn't tell John I disconnected the Heresys and subs. After a few minutes of playing John asked me to turn off the Heresys so he could hear the KG's alone. I started to walk over acting like I was going to do as John requested, then stopped and turned around. I looked at John and said "Oh, that's right, the Heresys ARE disconnected. I then said "Oh, I'll turn off the subs then.", turned to do so and stopped again. That's right, the subs aren't on either. I informed John and he had to walk over and confirm this for himself. Needless to say John was absolutely blown away over how much music these little speakers make. Of course they aren't quite as refined as the Heresys, the extra money has to buy something after all. But these are a pair of speakers I could happily live with without ever thinking of an upgrade, they are that good. If you get a chance to purchase a pair don't let them get away, you won't be disappointed.

Submitted by A+ a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: January 11, 2014

Bottom Line:
Bought a pair of KG 3.2s brand new in the black oak finish back in 1992. Can't remember exactly what price i paid for them but i know they were pretty expensive at the time. I use these today and still amazed by the articulation and clarity of these little passive radiators. Actually in the process of building a 5.1 system around the KGs as my mains. If u can find a pair in good shape at a descent price jump on them they are one of the best speaker lines Klipsch ever built.

Submitted by Brownsnake a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: October 23, 2010

Bottom Line:
I came across my Klipsch Kg 3.2`s on CL for an unbelievable deal of $60 USD.
They are an Oil Oak real veneer finish.Cab`s are in very good condition with
only minimal signs of wear.The woofers and horns are in perfect condition.
My first pair of Klipsch speakers,and i was more than pleased.I paired them up wth
a vintage Kenwood KR 4010.These two were meant for each other,together they make
beautiful music.Definitly my favorite system of the many i own.Put this one in my bedroom
and enjoy whenever i `m in there.
Overall i love these badboys and would recommend to anyone that wants a absolutely
amazing pair of floor standing speakers.

Submitted by timo312 a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: March 25, 2010

Bottom Line:
I picked up the KG 3 (nearly identical preceding model) very cheap, wanted to try the Klipsch sound. My finished basement listening room was giving me a plain, dead sound with several other speakers tried, plus I rarely listen at the 'full' (slightly loud) volume that most quality speakers are designed for. I like the KG 3 a serious lot, they are the size and sound I was looking for. I am not having any of the famous 'brightness' issues (at least at my modest volumes), the sound seems very lively, and it is mating surprisingly well with my two 'brittle'-sounding Panasonic digital receivers. Just wanted to share with any other cheapskate casual wannabe audophiles out there: good deal.

Submitted by S. Shortall a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: April 29, 2008

Bottom Line:
I scored these fantastic speakers at a unbelievable price ($50.00), they also came with heavy duty monster cable. I believe the sellers father was the owner of these speakers and he had died, so they wanted the speakers to go someone who honestly would take care of them. They are a pair of Klipsch 3.2 (in Oak), the condition: dusty. Other then that, a solid 9.5 if not indeed 10. I'm currently working them with a vintage Kenwood KR-7400 receiver, but most certainly will try my other vintage receivers, Marantz, Sanusi, JVC. I think they'll work well with my Sansui 881, (one of my favorties). After a quicky cleaning, I gave them a test run with my Blood,sweat & tears CD "Spinning wheels". Impressed? You bet!! I felt like a kid on Christmas morning with his new toy(s). The sound was crystal clear with more then enough bass. If you can get you hands on a pair of these with out having to get a part-time job to pay for them, BUY THEM! If anyone gives these Klipsch 3.2 a poor grade, they are eighter tone deaf, or just not too bright.

Purchased At:   found these on CL.