Klipsch Heresy Floorstanding Speakers

4.55/5 (60 Reviews) MSRP : $799.00

First introduced in 1957, the Heresy, a three-way design, started out as a compact center Channel speaker to accompany the Klipschorn in three-speaker Stereo arrays. In 1985, Klipsch made some changes and improvements to this model and re-released it as the Heresy II. Today, Klipsch has given the Heresy III a bi-wire network, titanium diaphragm Tweeter and larger magnet assembly. The midrange has moved from a phenolic to a titanium diaphragm. All of these changes result in improved tonal balance and increased output. In fact the Heresy III is two decibels louder (96 to 98dB), improving on its already high sensitivity.

Submitted by bob a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: January 8, 2015

Bottom Line:
while Klipsch speakers can be very dynamic, and can get really loud as these are such efficient speakers these will sound very nice with the right amp. Klipsch speakers can be great for Jazz, acoustic music, folk, new age, and even classical music if you have the right amp. Yamaha integrated amps are real smooth. Tube amps go great with Klipsch speakers. Any of the Klipsch line. I sell Jolida audio gear and vintage Klipsch speakers. The amps and speakers always sound great together. Klipsch speakers can seem kind of bright at first, but one gets used to that. After all, the upper ranges are part of the music as well, and usually come across the loudest in live performances. And the horns reproduce horns very well. Klipsch speakers make a trumpet, or sax sound super. And, one a final note, Advent speakers are great speakers. Those were an excellent value when new. I have a pair of 6003 3 way full range speakers with real walnut veneer cabinet. Those Advents are about the best sounding speaker over all that I have ever heard. Again, put the right amp with these speakers and you will enjoy listening to music all the time. For years I used a Jolida Jd202BRC 40wpc tube amp with my Advents. Sounded live in the living room. I have heard a lot of live music in the living room as some of my family play- piano, guitar, organ. That is what I use as a guide- live piano in the living room, guitar, organ, singing. All without the benefit of electronics. If music reminds me of that then the system is good. I have a pair of RF 52II that sound real nice and smooth and detailed with a Jolida hybrid amp. If you connect a Big Box AV receiver to a pair of Klipsch speakers most likely it will sound harsh. The problem will not be the speakers. Some people just want loud. Go for it. Some people are bass crazy as if that is all they crave- bass, bass, bass. When listening to a jazz combo live there is a clarinet player, a drummer, a string bass player. While the bass sounds nice it is in the background. It lays a foundation, a backdrop. That is music. If you want to listen to a flute along with an acoustic guitar and an acoustic bass get a nice amp, and Klipsch speakers and enjoy. but everyone's hearing is different as everyone's voice is different too.

Submitted by Miguel a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: February 23, 2014

Bottom Line:
I owned a pair of Bose 601s in the early 80s and they sounded rather flat. We had a DJ host our family Christmas party one year and he had two Heresys. It was amazing how crisp and clear they were. So I shopped around and bought two Heresy HIPs for $800 in 1986. Been loving them ever since. Paired them with a Yamaha receiver and KSW-15 sub and an RC-7 center speaker and I couldn't be more pleased. Some day I need to get some vintage LaSalles to finish off my set up.

Klipsch isn't for everyone. For peeps like me who love to listen to live Dead and other vintage concert recordings, these seem to work quite well.

Submitted by Boat Guy a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: December 28, 2013

Bottom Line:
The Heresy is a center channel, no more and no less. Personally I use a Klipsch Quartet center channel, better tonal balance. My Left and right fronts are a pair of Klipsch Chorus II's, Klipsch Cornwall II's Forte II's.

The Heresy like the Cornwall tends to be a bit too brassy for me. I like the Quartet as a center channel, it has a better tonal balance and is around as efficient. Everything Klipsch makes is efficient, Currently I have Heresy II's deployed in a small room with a KSW-12, rolling at 80 Hz. It's a good and efficient center channel, with 1.8 cubic feet of box volume how could it be more than that. In a small room, they have dynamic range and all the good stuff Klipsch is famous for including "Q" for hand made quality,

The Heritage speakers are actually hand made and human tested, you have to love that. Personally I've had experience with both the RF series as well, frankly it was okay, but my neighbor with RF 82 II's comes over to my place to watch movies and he uses words like "Dynamic". The Heresy is part of this family, but it is a center channel, made to go between two K-Horns or Cornwalls. You have to take them for what they are.

Personally I never left the Heritage series, they are all hand made and the sound and quality show through. If my Chorus II's were $1800 back inn 1995, how much would they be now?

Submitted by Klipschman a AudioPhile

Date Reviewed: February 24, 2013

Bottom Line:
To nodahomer.Please sell me your Cornwalls for next to nothing as that is what you seem to think they are worth.I bought my Heresy speakers pre 76 and wish I had bought the Belles.My cars and trucks have all come and gone but my Heresys are still worth almost as much as what I paid or them and are NOT for sale.If you have some sort of hidden agenda ,so be it .I hope you enjoy shopping at the big boxes on Black Fridays.

Submitted by dyjams a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: July 25, 2011

Bottom Line:
Want to have a some fun and create a sound system that meets audiophile standards, while on a comparably reasonable budget, that simply floors the unexpected listener with a huge yet detailed wall of sound? I did. Here we go: Buy six (yes, 6!) H1's (1970's-mid-80's) via CL or eBay for $300-$400/pr. Stack 'em 3 per side, paint to match, bond 'em with a some tape and corner 'em. Replace all the woofers with Eminence Delta 12-LFA's @ 100 db/w. Great musician setup since you are already deaf, lol. Hope ya like it since this is my crib notes from years experimenting and I'm already deaf anyway... Cheers!, Doug