Klipsch Cornwall Floorstanding Speakers

4.69/5 (81 Reviews) MSRP : $1750.00

(See reviews)

Submitted by Randy a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: February 20, 2011

Bottom Line:
My pair of Klipsch Cornwalls just turned 31 years old and they are just as beautiful and sound like they did 31 years ago. They are still such an impressive speaker and so efficient. They are a tank. When buying speakers remember you get what you pay for. I think I paid about $1,600 for the pair in 1980 and they are worth more today than when I bought them.

Submitted by Tomski a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: November 4, 2010

Bottom Line:
I still can remember the first time I saw a pair of Klipsch Cornwalls. I was initially draw to them for their enormous size, I was 20 years old and I couldn't believe how effortless their sound was, It seemed to just flow through the speaker in a manner I wasn't familar with.
I had to have them ! I went home knowing the next day I was going back to buy them. After a little bargaining I ended up with their demo pair. They were 1983 CWOs. Now 27 years later, I am still just has impressed as I was that first day. Klipsch Heritage speakers work for decades!
There are few things in the consumer world, that you can use on a daily basis and expect to get 30,40,50,or more years of use out of. Klipsch Heritage speakers are one of those items. In one of their brochures they talked about a Heritage speaker being a lifetime investment, Well that is exactly what they are.
If you checkout the review here from 7/20/99 it is from Mitja Borko. He is the author of the " Klipsch Cornwall Loudspeaker Systems- Test report on electroacoustic measurements and listening evaluation"
He has a Masters in Science and is also an Electrical Engineer, In his own words he has " Tested hundreds of loudspeakers"
I first read his review after owning my CWs for about 17 years. His review confirmed everything I ever felt or thought about these speakers. Im sure someone on the Klipsch website could get you a copy if requested. Mitja also gives some praise to the Rogers LS3/5A speakers, Checkout some of the reviews for those speakers and you should be able sense a passion about their speakers as well.

Submitted by Jim Y a AudioPhile

Date Reviewed: September 23, 2010

Bottom Line:
Oh my gosh, where do I begin. I replaced Bose 901's in 1981 with a used pair of Cornwalls because the 901's did not have enouph bottom for my taste, I started out with a Marantz 2270 reciever, 140 watts. I then plugged in a Carver M400 amp initially to drive the 901's. The 2270 did not have the guts to drive the 901's. The Carver had 5 times the power needed to run the Cornwalls. I now had the volume I desired. Along came the kids and the morgage and college and weddings. I enjoyed the setup for a long time . My kids are grown and I finally upgraded the old stuff. I now have a Martin Logan sub, the Parasound Halo p-3 preamp and the Parasound 2125 250 watt amp and a Cambridge 540c Cd player. Wow!!!. My 30 plus year old Cornwalls ROCK anew. The highs are crystal clean and the mids are powerful. The base is enhanced by the Martin Logan sub. I thought of replacing the Cornwalls, but no more. Klipsch Cornwall speakers are timeless. Buy a pair now and you will never need another speaker.

Submitted by Dan a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: July 31, 2010

Bottom Line:
I bought my Cornwalls in 1975 and have never regretted it. Today, 35 years later, they sound as good as ever.
I was attracted to the bass from the 15 inch woofers and have not heard their equal. The quality and longevity surpassed all my expectations. Kudos to Klipsch for a job well done.

Submitted by cstewart a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: March 8, 2010

Bottom Line:
In 1986 I bought 2 new Klipsch Cornwalls to compete with a friend of mine that had the Cornerhorns. (Yes we were young and foolish.) Although he paid more for his horns, we concluded that my cornwalls with the two horns and 15inch base was just as good, and actually better for the money.
To this day, 2010, they are the best sounding speakers I have ever heard. Over the years I have had several sets of "modern" tech surround sound systems made by Sony, Panasonic and HK, but still, nothing touches the rush of pushing air like the Cornwalls.

Klipsch Cornwall asreplacement for JBL L100t?

I need your opinion. I want to replace my '87 JBL L100t's with something comparable. I live in rural New England and have no chance to visit a dealer and listen to Klipsch, which would be my choice, especially Cornwall III. I use Sony TA-F700 ES integrated amplifier rated at 2x110W to power these ... Read More »

Cornwall 1's Vs. Century 100 A's

As a new member I say hello to all. I am at a crucial point with my stereo system and here is the quandry. I have the speakers (perfect condition) along with stands that I purchased my first year in college in 1974, the JBL's. I have a real attachment to these speakers and think they sound great. In ... Read More »