Klipsch Chorus 2

Submitted by Jordan a AudioPhile

Date Reviewed: April 1, 2014

Bottom Line:
I am a huge Klipsch fan. I have owned and listen to everything there is, shy of the newer Palladium series (don't have the budget for those). After owning multiple pairs of Quartets, and then hearing my dad's Forte II's, I had to pick these up when the came on CL for $500. Mine are in black, which is not my preference but they are really easy to refinish so that's a plus.

I must say, of everything I have owned these are the most enjoyable speakers I have ever heard. They just seem to re-create every sonic detail with such ease and efficiency its mind boggling. The often-touted heresy's don't even come close to these and The La Scalas don't have the precision in the bass that I prefer. I find myself going through all my favorite songs again to hear what they will sound like NOW.

I chose a simple NAD integrated amp with 50 WPC for these and it pairs perfectly, warm full sound to help offset the brighter horns. At about 1/2 of max volume I can only listen to these for a few minutes before my ears start ringing. The efficiency of the Chorus II is no joke, and they don't lose an ounce of their clarity or precision even at maximum listening volumes.

I could go on for a while about these but I think you get the point. The Quartets and Forte's are great alternatives to these but if you want the biggest and baddest, go for the Chorus. I anticipate that as these start to disappear more, we will see the prices go up. I say snag a pair now if you can find them, you'll have them forever. I would say anywhere between $500-$1000 is a good price depending on their condition. I wouldn't be surprised if these pop up in the Heritage line at some point.

My next step may be looking into the Crites upgrades and possibly trying out some tube amps with them as that seems to be the thing to do with Klipsch.

Submitted by Mark a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: April 16, 2013

Bottom Line:
I recently bought a pair of the Chorus II's after years on the Forte II's, which are a great speaker. The bar was set pretty high, the Chorus II's. the Chorus II's did fail to impress me

I was raised in a klipsch household so I'm used to Cornwall's and K-horns , but I have to say that these bad boy's have a dynamic range and rich sound that blow the Cornwall's away. The first thing I did was play ME3...a game with a great sound track, the first time the Normandy went through a Mass Relay I was hooked, smooth and powerful doesn't begin to describe the sensation of this Dolby Digital.

I use a Quartet for a center channel and Yamaha
YPAO to keep it all coordinated and it is amazing. I used to us
my Forte II's as front channels. Now I guess I may have to go to a 5.1 system, Sans subwoofer. I can do this because both the Chorus II and Forte II spears, both have sparkling Highs and really great midrange a great bass line.

The Chorus II does everything well from Jimi Hendrix and the Band of Gypsys to MOH warfighter. I purchased them in mint condition for $450 and immediately ordered titanium driver for the tweeters(they didn't have them in stock, although the polypropylene driver are also great.

In my play room I have the Chorus II's, Forte II's and Quartets, as a kid who grew up with Heresy's I now experience a signifant relief that comes with hiaving full range, full sounding speaker. I guess I could use the F II's as rear channels and the Quarters in parallel as a big center channel.

No matter what I do, I can't go wrong. The Chorus II's will be the center of the show, no doubt. After a lifetime on Heresy's and Cornwall's these guys are amazing

Who am I kidding, there is no such thing as a bad Klipsch Heritage product.

Submitted by Richard gibbs a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: January 28, 2013

Bottom Line:
I purchased a pair of klipsh chorus 2 speakers at a auction 4 years ago for 40 dollars. After looking at what I bought when I got them home and hooking them to my Yamaha receiver wow what a find. They are without a dought the best I have ever heard. So I wanted to find out more about them I've tried to enter there serial numbers but no results. I've looked at pics of other chorus2s and all the ones I've seen have a additional type resting pad they set on as mine don't mine are the same on top as the bottom they are also dated 1989 on the back with the serial number 0242921#19 and #20 on the other everything I've read says they were built starting 1990 but mine are clearly dated 1989 would like to have more info from anyone does 19 and 20 mean they were built in that order any info would be greatly helpful

Submitted by Amazing, a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: January 1, 2013

Bottom Line:
There isn't much to say that hasn't already been mentioned. The Bass is taught and accurate, the midrange is smooth and clear, the highs brilliant. All in all this is a beautiful speaker, I also own Quartets and Forte II's, both of which are spectacular.

I hooked them up and immediately pumped some real rock through them (never never land, Metallica). Wow talk about dyrnamic range and power, these speakers are amazing. My Forte II's are great, these are better. Really they are a bit better than the Cornwall for midrange and overall balance. I wish Klipsch hadn't discontinued the line. Listening to ice I movies with blu-ray moviees gives a rich and brilliant sound.the blu-ray sound tracks are better than being at than most theaters.

I grew up with Khorns in the house so it's tough to make me to notice.but not these speakers, they are amazing.

Submitted by mastertech01 a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: January 10, 2010

Bottom Line:
I purchased my set of Chorus II at the Main PX in Hanau Germany just before I left for Operation Desert Storm in 1990. Upon return I finally got to use these sweet speakers and thus began my long journey of nearly 20 years. They are just as sweet as day one and work as new. Klipsch quality is great and the cabinets and hardware built to last. Paul Klipsch (may he rest in peace) knew what we wanted and delivered!

Yes these speakers are bright and lows arent Cerwin Vega rapper earth shattering boom box bass, but they are concert quality perfection. If you love the old big band sound in digital reproduction, nothing beats these speakers nor matches them for the money. I only wish I had a pair of Carver silver 7 to run with.. LOL! Any good quality tube amps would do though, but I just cant find them. One day that will be my wish, as I doubt I will ever sell these gems unless I just stop listening to music altogether. Not likely!

Many of my fellow soldier friends thought I was nuts for not getting the Cerwin Vegas, but while thiers are in the dumpster years ago, my Klipsch are still highly sought after all these years after production ended. I was lucky to find these in a PX clearance New in Box for 800.00 and just smart enough to make the investment while I could. Not a single regret and they have paid for themselves in entertainment many times over.

OH and these make wonderful furnishings for the decor with the walnut veneer cabinets. Even if I didnt ever listen to them again my wife would never let them go just for the decor value!

Thank you Klipsch for making perhaps the best speakers ever in history! If you ever get a chance to own a pair go for it!