KLH 9912 Floorstanding Speakers

3.96/5 (77 Reviews)

3-way Floor speakers

Submitted by Kenneth Volz a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: October 3, 2012

Bottom Line:
I boought 2 from Heartland America. They were rated at 10-250 watts @ 8 ohms..
My Mcintosh had blown a channel and I bought a Denon 1910 whi does 7/1 or 5/1 and is rated at 93watts and you can have 2 different rooms of music. 28_20,000K sound. Compared to a friend who has JBL Crendous , both a 15" active and a passive and the KLH speakers have a ported 12" and a midrange and a weird metal tweeter that delivers crisp symbals.
When I bring the wattage to 50 per side my skin crawls and everything in the rooms vibrates.
I remember a New Years party at my friend with the JBL's and his Bass made my wife vomit!!!!???
I paid 149$ per speaker. Kiss Gooodbye Curtis MAthes with 15" bass. My original Bose 9 -4" speakers with stands I sold for more than I paid for them.
I am buying 2 studio monitors that are bookshelf front height near the ceiling. I borrow a woofer from another friend once in a while.
These studio moniotors retail for 1100$ for the two.
When I ran a sound room at a local retailer they had nnothing that came close to thes 2 KLH from Heaertland America... At the rtataged warrage of 93 watts per channel they are super....°°°:)

Submitted by JoeMAMA a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: July 21, 2011

Bottom Line:
This may be a bit of a long review because im bored haha. I picked up 4 of these speakers off of a guy on craigslist for 100$ and for the price that i paid i am honestly ****ing amazed with them and i think they are worth far more. I split the rent on a house with 3 of my buddies and its a 3 bedroom house that is pretty large (keep in mind for later in the review). I live in the basement and my bedroom area is 12' x 12'. i originally had them in there and they sounded terrible so i hoped it was just way to much sound and way to much SPL for that tiny room. After i moved them to my living room area which is 20' x 22' i was glad to find that i was correct. i put one in each corner of the room a foot and a half off of the ground and they sound absolutely amazing. i brought my laptop my receiver and my equalizer to my coffee table and sat there for hours tuning them to my liking. i switched back and fourth between anything from classical to classic rock to new age rock to country to rap (I enjoy alot of varieties of music lol) and once i had them right where i wanted them they proceeded to make me grin from ear to ear multiple times that day. these babies can make your chest hurt from the bass if you want them to, i literally shook pictures off of the first floor walls and im not joking my friend made me buy him two new picture frames lol. as i'm sure you've read in other reviews the tweeters can be extremely ear piercing and this is extremely true... BUT if you have a equalizer handy (my laptop's sound card software has one but it is pathetic so i leave it flat and use an old pioneer equalizer) they can sound as good if not better than far more expensive speakers that i heard. All in all, if your looking for a nice set of speakers and you can find a good deal on a pair (or two :p) of these, grab 'em and try them out because i believe there is a very good chance that you wont be disappointed. Oh and one more thing, i have a very powerful receiver (im unsure of the model because i made it a custom enclosure awhile back because of overheating issues) that puts out 150 watts rms per channel if im not mistaken and it slams the piss out of these speakers and they get LOUD and take it like a champ

Submitted by netrickyaz a AudioPhile

Date Reviewed: May 21, 2005

Bottom Line:
These Are gre4at affordable speakers. I have them hooked up to a 105 WATT per channel receiver and it has great sound. I use them with my computer mostly and movies, they sound really good with an equalizer added to them.

Purchased At:   Best Buy

Submitted by CerwinVega a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: March 2, 2005

Bottom Line:
I purchased this speaker in Christmas of 2000 for $100 a pair not each and I use these for primarily on my computer system. You should have an equalizer as these speakers have treble that can hurt your ears if you crank it up too loud. The speakers go well the matching KLH 2 channel reciever at Best Buy and the equalizer on my computer helps bring out the best in these speakers which is not bad for 100 a pair. I havent had any complaints from these at all and these speakers would be good for anyone just starting out in the audio hobby or people who dont care too much about their sound.

Purchased At:   best buy

Submitted by audiokid a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: April 19, 2003

Bottom Line:
I want to start by saying that the KLH 9912 is an excellent choice for those of us who have a small budget for audio equipment. They are an excellent value and they perform great when compared to other speakers in their price range. All of you out there who own a set of speakers that costs more than $1000 really need to stop picking on those of us with little money to spend in the quest for good audio equipment. KLH is good for us, so leave them alone! If you don't like it because it is so cheap then buy something else that you WILL enjoy, and STOP complaining!
Now, on to my loyal KLH fans. Guys, the 9912 is a good speaker, no doubt. It is NOT designed to be a home theater speaker. Seriously people, does the 9912 "blend" with your decor? Does it provide a "seamless" soundstage? Is it magnetically shielded? No. It is designed for use as a main stereo speaker. Even so, I love my 9912's. I use them in a 5.1 surround system and they perform flawlessly, even if they are not designed for this purpose.
I am 16 years old, yes, 16. Alot of you hostile "audiophiles" out there will automatically think that I have no idea what I'm talking about. Well, guess what? I've heard everything from Bose to Mirage to Vienna in a home setting. I KNOW what good audio is, but I don't have enough money for more than products in the KLH neighborhood. For me, KLH is a low cost solution to the need for a good all- purpose system. I like 'em, so back off!
Indeed, the 9912 is NOT the best speaker I've ever heard, but I was impressed with it right out of the box. Mommy and Daddy didn't buy these for me. The 9912's have good bass ( seeing as how this is what I'm supposed to love, being 16 and all),clear mid range response, and well defined, crisp highs, TO A POINT. I realize that playing them too loud will kill them, and the sound will suffer as well, but, Hell, it's fun! They sound good at moderate volumes, however. Don't be fooled by the price. These speakers are performers through and through. Just so my KLH buddies know, my system is as follows: A KLH 500 watt Dolby digital receiver, a pair of 9912's as my mains, a pair of KLH 8" L853's as my surrounds, a KLH 953pl for my center, and a KLH asw10-120 sub ( for that must- have bass!)For a 16 year old, I know this can't be too bad.
The long and short of it is this. KLH is awesome for kids like me and for people on a tight budget who have money to spend on other, more important things. For you hardcore audio buffs out there who hate KLH for whatever reason, I have two questions:

1. Why write about all of your "superior" equipment and compare it to a low cost set of speakers? That's not fair at all. You have too much time on your hands. Get a life or a girlfriend or something to keep you busy.

2. If you can afford equipment that is so much better, then why in the Hell are you shopping around at Best Buy? Think about it. Get your head out of your a$$.

Thank you to KLH for keeping us low- income folk happy!! Teenagers around the country thank you immensely.

Thanks for reading ( unless I have offended you, in which case you can cry about it or go turn on your audiophile gear and feel alot better.)

Purchased At:   Best Buy