Kirksaeter Prinsma 250 Floorstanding Speakers

Submitted by vincentw a Casual Listener

Date Reviewed: June 14, 2004

Bottom Line:
Lately I have gotten the Prisma 250 and got a bargain with NAD components, all for about USD1100. Trying to find more information on the Prisma 250, however it is too old for its existience now in 2004. Appreciate someone can direct me with more information and tips. Anyway, it sound superb,

Submitted by Scott Jones a Audiophile

Date Reviewed: June 6, 2001

Bottom Line:
Have not purchased this speaker yet, but after exhaustive auditioning am very enthusiastic about this little known company. The speaker seems to have the best of all worlds in terms of sound quality (see strengths above) looks great too. I heard this speaker with Marantz's 18-ex receiver and the sound was very balanced, transparent and for me, after listening for quite some time, produced no "listener fatigue".
I have been listening to every speaker out there with various electronics and have heard some great speakers and some not so great (am i the only person to feel that Martin Logans are very overrated - for the record I am a former ML Monolith owner). I auditioned this speaker here in Chicago at Gills' Custom House with the Marantz 18-ex (great receiver, as good as separtes) and for the money, it can't be beat! If you're like me and looking, be sure to try this speaker with good electronics and I think you'll be pleasantly surprised!

Their web site needs work though!

Purchased At:   Gills Custom House