KEF Q75 Floorstanding Speakers

4.43/5 (14 Reviews) MSRP : $1200.00

Q Series Flagship. 3 Way - 3 Driver + ABR Bass Reflex

Submitted by tal a AudioPhile

Date Reviewed: November 4, 2010

Bottom Line:
great sound good midrange good low bass great with reciver onkyo
best buy.

Submitted by Dave Wong a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: September 9, 2002

Bottom Line:
Before I bought these I had already owned the Kef Q70, probably the best imaging speaker I've heard. I was setting up a Home theater and wanted to match the rears with the fronts. Unfortunately the Q70's were no longer available and was replaced by the Q75's. I thought hey I'll put these new "improved" models as my mains and use the old speakers for the rear. To my disappointment the Q75's were very muddy and the great kef imaging was completely gone. No matter were I placed it I can hear exactly were the sound was coming from. I ended up hiding them in the rear were they couldn't do much damage to the music. A very disappointing speaker.

Purchased At:   Sound System

Submitted by ilgiz erkin a Casual Listener

Date Reviewed: September 25, 2001

Bottom Line:
This loud speaker is tne best for me if I compare with the some Japanese speakers

Submitted by James Petit a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: July 2, 2001

Bottom Line:
The Q75 now sounds great in my listening room. Great imagining, works well across a wide varity of music. The two issues that I have with them is the need for to resolve was doubling the size of my power amp from a 100 watt Demon reciever to a 200 watt rotel amp. The other problem was speaker placement. I started off with them pigeon toe a foot and half away from the two corner of my rome. I them moved them to the center of the 14 foot long wall of my listening room and the booming bass problem went away.

So if you have the proper room placement and enough power they a A++ buy, if not you are going to be disappointed.

Purchased At:   Doulass TV

Submitted by R vdB a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: February 1, 2001

Bottom Line:
I use a Marantz PM 90-SE amplifier, wich is a very good one, to 'drive' my Q75. You'll need a heavy boy to drive these speakers, but when you got one... these speakers perform very well. Much better than his little brother Q65. Sound is great, but that can be read in the other reviews in this page. A thing to keep in mind: don't place the speakers against or very near to a wall. Second, these speakers need space. Don't place them in a small room, if you want to have the best results.

Purchased At:   Staffhorst