KEF Q4 Floorstanding Speakers

• Impedance 8 Ohm
  • Magnetic shielding

Submitted by machani a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: May 4, 2004

Bottom Line:
I got this set primarily for my parents who live in Bangalore, India. My mother loves Jazz and Classical music so I really wanted a set with good midrange.

I was amazed by the extremely good build quality and finish. The speakers are also quite attractive and blend in easy with classical furniture.

The speakers are connected with 12 gauge cable in stereo mode to a Denon AVR-1404 receiver and a Marantz DV-4400 CD/DVD player (connected to the receiver with digital coax cable).

These speakers are extremely clear and produce a very musical sound. They excel in midrange - which is why I bought them. But the bass is also tight. They work wonderfully with Jazz music, reproducing the strings, vocals, percussion and horns superbly.

With Dave Brubeck's "Take Five", the drums, cymbals, piano and sax sounded so natural that when I closed my eyes it was as if I was listening live.

I also tried some of my reference rock-n-roll (such as Pink Floyd's "Shine on you crazy diamond") and the results were also excellent.

Purchased At:   PROFX, Bangalore, In