KEF Q35 Floorstanding Speakers

4.42/5 (31 Reviews) MSRP : $600.00

Submitted by fly11 a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: January 26, 2011

Bottom Line:
Great little fellas,warm full of detail sound,they r not boomboxes,so wont suitable for boomfunk mc type music,but jazz,classic or old good electronic kraftwerk type tunes will play proudly.They r not annoying,so can be listened for hours,beautiful.

Submitted by Aitch a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: January 10, 2004

Bottom Line:
Having read all the reviews here have to agree with a couple of contributors, in as much as bass is not only plentiful but clean. these speakers go extremely low. Obviously sensitive to good system matching to give there best.

Purchased At:   2nd Hand

Submitted by phil burns a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: June 16, 2003

Bottom Line:
Bought these 2nd hand as rear speakers in my home cinema. They work OK as rears however, just to see what they were like I rigged them up to my main system (Audiolab, Tag Mclaren, Rotel), and what a let down. The bottom end had no presence, mid sometimes too forward, and top end OK. I feel the Kef Q35s need to be in a very small room to make things happen. I have given them a good rating as I got them cheap, this rating would have been lower if I had paid the full RRP of around $450.

Purchased At:   2nd hand

Submitted by Randy a AudioPhile

Date Reviewed: May 11, 2003

Bottom Line:
After auditioning neearly 50+ pairs of speakers, I found something in the KEFs that every other speaker lacked, vocal clarity. The strongest part of the speaker is its mid/high end. The highs are clean and crisp without being overwhelmingly "whispy and/or airy." Female vocals are nothing short of amazing on these. The Uni-q design, though bizarre, works quite nicely. The one feature that sets them apart is the their ability to be accurate and smooth at the same time. These speakers have virtually no bottom end--they were designed that way. The floorstanding design does however give the speaker enough bass response to prevent seperation from a sub. Buy a sub, it will greatly enhance the whole experience.

My System:
Fronts: KEF Q35s
Surrounds: Mission 78ds
Sub: Audio Pro EGO
Receiver: Onkyo Pro series
CD: NAD 512

I found the Q35s to be the best pair of speakers under a $1000.

Purchased At:   Hippos

Submitted by rav sharma a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: April 27, 2002

Bottom Line:
I needed to upgrade my KEF coda 9's as I blew one of the midrange cones after a party, and decided to audition other replacements. Having tried a couple from B&W, as well as mission, I came to conclusion that for over all performance, there was no beating the Q35's. I bought the KEF Q35's just after the launch of the KEF Q35.2, so got about a 100 quid off their original price. The first thing (after running them in) I noticed was the massive change in imaging, as in comparison to the coda 9's, the Q35's were awesome. Except the pin sharp imaging, another thing that was apparent was the reduction in bass, as these speakers are lighter in that department, but as my listening room is small, it's not too bad. Over all, after numerous hours of listening to R'n'B and dance music, I am convinced I couldn't have bought a better speaker for under £200. The build quality is also of a very high standard, and I can't really think of a weakness of these speakers, for the price.

Purchased At:   super-fi