KEF Cresta 3 Floorstanding Speakers

4.17/5 (6 Reviews) MSRP : $449.99

Submitted by Agust Kurniawan a AudioPhile

Date Reviewed: July 14, 2011

Bottom Line:
Very nice sound, for any kind of music.
Bass, midrange & trable are balance.
Smooth, compatible with any brand of power up to 400watt
Nice speaker

Submitted by nightcleaner a AudioPhile

Date Reviewed: August 5, 2010

Bottom Line:
Bought in a sale in richer sounds £79

JVC ax 372 Amp fed buy a Cambridge Dacmagic behind that a CDP-X370 CD player with Atlas Equator cable
The kef cresta are 10 feet apart towed in, I have pure silver speaker wire Fed from the speakers to the Amp

What a fantastic sound i have. The Beatles greatest hits day tripper and we can work it out The tambourines feel like you have them in your hand Hello Goodbye sounds fantastic

The amp settings I'm using Treble flat out and the bass control on five to the hour

Very pleased

Submitted by Speedwagon a Casual Listener

Date Reviewed: May 16, 2005

Bottom Line:
I bought these a couple of years ago for a bargain price of £110. It was meant to be a temporary solution and I was going to replace them with a pair of 'proper' hi-fi speakers in due course. However, I've been fairly happy with them so I'm going to keep these and skip the £500 price category upgrade. The sound is quite neutral which means that Crestas are at their best when playing acoustic music such as small combo jazz or the likes of James Taylor and Joni Mitchell in their acoustic mode. The bass is not the mightiest I've heard but modern dance / r'n'b / hip hop sounds fairly convincing and there is no trace of 'boominess' you might expect. That said, the bass can be a tad weak when playing indie/alternative type guitar-based music or metal - these are neutral-sounding speakers. I have these in a large room and I feel they'd be more at home in a more confined space. For best results, use a powerful amp and 'toe-in'.

Lastly, I must say that I wasn't particularly happy with the sound quality when I first brought them home but I think that was more down to the quality of my cd player and amp at the time. After upgrading these component and in time I've grown to like them a lot.

Purchased At:   Richer Sounds

Submitted by richrand a Casual Listener

Date Reviewed: October 30, 2004

Bottom Line:
Move them away from the wall. Go to the hardware store and for $2.36ea get 2" rubber test plugs and stick them in the bass ports and screw them down tight.

At First, I thought these speakers kind of sucked. There was uncontrolled bass everywhere. Once I sealed the bass ports they completely changed and so did my opinion of them. Very nice sound. Good depth and imaging. They can now show the weaknesses in my amp.

Purchased At:   yard sale

Submitted by Hannu Heikkinen a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: April 28, 2002

Bottom Line:
This Speaker is the best speaker if ever have.Speaker sound is clear and it have very strong voise.I use it on surround system and WOW what a sound.Five Star speaker *****

Purchased At:   hifi Studio 17 finla