KEF Coda 7 Floorstanding Speakers

4.29/5 (34 Reviews) MSRP : $250.00

2 way bkshlf vented 5.25in woofer 1in tweeter

Submitted by Manoraj a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: January 7, 2015

Bottom Line:
Awsome value. I gave about 75 dollar in used condition. Sounds incredibly big and nice in the lower frequencies. Great attack and punch too. Fine midrange and high range for their cheap price. Im using them in my bedroom together with a brik dac and Brik amplifier+ with good results. They are in other words very easily driven.

Submitted by Pete a AudioPhile

Date Reviewed: January 25, 2013

Bottom Line:
I have had these for several years and remain one of my favorite bookshelves.
their small and blow away most the polks i have listened to of their era. I am a polk fan and they don't even sound as warm as these side by side..
these may have small drivers but in a small room you only can fit so much.
You don't even need a sub-woofer with these. the bass is rich tight and clear for a small speaker the mids are clear and the highs are sharp the imaging for a speaker of this size is very good.
Are there better bookshelves out there? yes but for what you get for the price their worth the money now you can buy them less than 100 bucks on ebay or Craigslist if your lucky.

Conclusion

Being a audiophile I'm extremely picky I do own a pair of 103.2 kef reference aka named one of the most wanted audiophile speakers..i am also comparing these to 103.2s between sound quality imaging etc. They don't compair to them BUT for a cheap kef bookshelf the coda 7 is nice and dont cause listening fatigue like some of the other speakers i have owned.

Submitted by Preston Ward a AudioPhile

Date Reviewed: December 14, 2009

Bottom Line:
I absolutely LOVE these speakers! The sound reproduction from them is so accurate that it's damn scary sometimes. Like for instance if there's the sound of something breaking from the TV it honestly sounds like it's coming from inside the house. I've had these speakers for 14 years now and compared them to a couple dozen other rear bookshelf speakers when I was purchasing them. I bought them at a very large electronics store in downtown Los Angeles so they had a very large selection to choose from and I thought these sounded the best out of all the rear bookshelfs I was comparing. Since my system is 14 years old now, it's time to upgrade my equipment and front speakers. But I love these speakers so much I'm going to design the system around them.

Submitted by pkl75 a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: June 30, 2008

Bottom Line:
Nice, dark sound. I bought these in 1997 from shop and have been very satisfied ever since. Still look and sound like new.

If room is correct and placed near walls, the bass has some nice punch. Furthermore, if you can tune treble up the situation is becoming good.

I had mini stereo system from sony when buying these. The system changed radically. With artificial bass boost in the machine, the bass always suonded clean yet powerful also at low volumes, not irritating in any means.

Overall, sensitive of the amplifier and also room makes difference.

Submitted by ytaigman a AudioPhile

Date Reviewed: January 28, 2008

Bottom Line:
Amazing speaker. Go get as long as they last.

The combination:

SMALL PAPER CONE + BIG & LONG BASS PORT IN A SMALL CABINET

is awesome for small rooms. Reminds me of an opened-baffle airy feeling but with the punchy bass and staggering midrange. Most suprising speaker I have ever listened to. Would compare to x10 more expensive speakers, yet haven't heard a bookshelf to beat that