JPV Ruby 2 Floorstanding Speakers

Speakers

Submitted by David a an Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: July 16, 1999

Bottom Line:
Well, I recently got these new speakers from this obscure (no information at all on the internet, few words from the local retailers) British company. This series should be the latest one. I had the chance to compare them with many other speakers in the same price range. There was absolutely no story. These new speakers create an incredible three dimensional image at any frequency range. Bass is considerably deeper in than all the other speakers and the remaining frequency range is clean, detailed and warm. These "Ruby 2" use a new recently patented woofer (this is all I succeeded to know about them). Their performance is particularly impressive when listening to soul, jazz and funk (they were tested with my favorite CDs Headhunters, Steve Coleman and Five Elements, Medeski, Martin and Woods, Cassandra Wilson, many other recent Blue Note releases...). For this type of music I bet you won't find anything better.Finally, the overall look is attractive, I got them in mahogany but several alternative options should be available.

Absolutely recommended. Drop me a line when you'll get them.

Ciao