Jensen JHS1533 Floorstanding Speakers

Jensen's JHS-1533 is the ideal floor speaker for outstanding performance at an affordable price. The true 3-way design delivers dynamic range and tremendous bass response, as well as accurate reproduction of high frequencies producing a sound that'll rock the house for stereos or home entertainment centers. Its high efficiency (94 dB) gives room-filling sound without the need for high powered amplifiers - ideal for multi-channel and home theater receivers. The grills on the tweeter and midrange protect the drivers from physical damage, and an attractive "Chatsworth Oak" vinyl clad cabinet helps it fit in with the surrounding decor.

Submitted by DeWayne a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: July 17, 2017

Bottom Line:
Found a pair of these at a local ARC for $19.99 and decided to try the out after pulling the front covers and discovering that the were 15" speakers, that none of the speakers were damaged and that they were fully functional. Cabinets have a few dings but were solid. As I love 15" speakers in my guitar amps I figured for $20.00 I had nothing to lose in giving them a try.

Got them home and unplugged my JBL Towers/Infinity Sub and Bose 901s to give these a try with my old Kenwood Receiver. Played around with the EQ a bit in a Jeff Beck special on the rock station, a bit of current hip hop/r&b/rap (Kendrick Lamar, Rihanna, Jay Z) and the local classic "Listener Supported" Jazz Station and thought they sounded "big and clear with separation" but a little "flat"...then I turned them up...these speakers were made to be played loud folks - EQ them for your music of choice, turn 'em up and enjoy!!!

Submitted by mike patton a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: January 2, 2004

Bottom Line:
These were the first speakers I ever bought, and I'm still using them today. They are well-suited to playing music at high volumes and handle a reasonable amount of power. For the price I think they were a great buy and they have served me well over the years. They play with a surprising amount of detail and the highs are quite clear. However, I find bas response to be lacking, especially for a pair of 15s. I think that cheap build quality on the drive units and enclosure limits the performance of these speaker but hey, you get whay you pay for...

Purchased At:   Adventure Electronic