JBL TLX PS12 Floorstanding Speakers

12" Sub w/120 watt amp

Submitted by Chris Tremper a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: December 22, 2003

Bottom Line:
For the price, I think this is a great speaker. I've read the other reviews here and have not suffered any of the problems reported after using it for more than two years - no popping and no unreasonable powering down. It gets as far down in frequency as I'd want any sub to go and is capable of shaking the house before distorting. For $225, I'm very satisfied.

Purchased At:   Ebay

Submitted by Josh a AudioPhile

Date Reviewed: December 8, 2002

Bottom Line:
This sub really is great, despite prior reveiws. Hits real low and is very responsive. Gets those low tones with out distortion. Excellent inexpensive sub.

Purchased At:   eBay

Submitted by Brad Burdick a Casual Listener

Date Reviewed: October 11, 2002

Bottom Line:
This sub is a piece of crap! It pops occasionally (after I hooked it to a Sony STR-DE545 Audio Receiver.

First, it had no jacks to accomodate the receiver. I had to plug my front and rear speakers INTO the sub.

It pops all the time, and never manages to stay on all the time! I will be watching TV and it will cut out, and suddenly there will be no bass!

I would NEVER recommend this sub! I'm looking for a new replacement. Stay away from JBL!

Purchased At:   Best Buy

Submitted by wayne a Audiophile

Date Reviewed: June 20, 2000

Bottom Line:
I just love how JBL proudly states "5 YEAR WARRANTY" on their boxes. This unit died after 13 months. I called a JBL service center and was informed that "only the speaker" was warranted for 5 years. The electronics are only covered for one year. I pulled out the original warranty papers, and confirmed this. I went back to the store and looked at the boxes of new JBL products, and they all said "5 YEAR WARRANTY". Read the fine print I guess.

Submitted by NickR a an Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: March 16, 1999

Bottom Line:
Picked this unit up from uBid for $185. Not the finest sub by any stretch. However for the dollars it works just fine in my system. It is only used for HT and has the crossover set way down. Provides the needed umph on the LFE.