JBL S312 Floorstanding Speakers

4.54/5 (109 Reviews) MSRP : $900.00

Sensitivity: 92 Impedance (ohms): 8 Bass Driver: 12" PolyPlas™ Midrange Driver: 4" PolyPlas™ High Frequency Driver: 1" Pure Titanium dome 35Hz -- 20kHz Crossover Frequency(ies):750, 3000Hz

Submitted by James l Carmichael a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: June 12, 2014

Bottom Line:
I have had these speakers since they were born. I 'm a jazz bass player, I hear harmonics
too.They replaced the classic JBL-4312 and to my shock! They blew me a way! Since then
they have been driven by some of audio's finest hardware(Denon AVR X4000). They also
introduced the revolutionary "transducers" instead of drivers. They can be driven by a low 30
watts and a high of 325 watts(tested) but at 60watts they will perform to specs(tested). why
anyone would need 300watts to drive bass reflex speakers? These speakers went unnoticed
at a time when home theater was on the horizon and people were looking at smaller speakers
they were being sold at bargain prices(480.00 a pair). If you can find a pair(eBay e.t.c) run and
get them! When your friends with the high price stuff hear them they will be amazed!

Submitted by dareo a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: October 28, 2013

Bottom Line:
I now own 3 pairs of this line of speakers from JBL. Two S312ii and one S310ii. They are very efficient producers of clean sound. The highs can come across as a bit harsh to some people. They certainly play louder and brighter than anything i've compared them against. With a good amp, they will produce excellent bass. I use a subwoofer in 2/3 rooms but one could live without a sub with the S312ii and even the S310ii in smaller rooms.

The sound quality is quite good for this price range. Speakers costing thousands of dollars each will likely sound better, but for a few hundred bucks these really shine.

12" woofers are hard to find in newer speakers anymore. Having found all three pairs of these for under $200 used; i am quite happy. 3 rooms have good sound and it didn't break the bank.

Submitted by Studioplayer a AudioPhile

Date Reviewed: January 20, 2013

Bottom Line:
Critical listening from an untrained ear that probably can`t tell flat from sharp using a low power amp. hahaha
To drive these speaker properly you need a real amp with 300WPC RMS then they come alive.
As a Professional Jazz musician with a trained ear I hear harmonics 90% of you will never hear and my ear along will my fellow musicians, tells me these are some of the finest budget speaker you will find anywhere and will hold there own against speakers costing 5 times as much. That is why we Pro`s use JBL in the studio and on the road. My hats off to Greg Timbers and his staff.

Submitted by Gioxtream a AudioPhile

Date Reviewed: April 10, 2009

Bottom Line:
OK GUYS...I AM GOING TO BE BRUTALLY HONEST.....THESE ARE THE BEST BUDGET SPEAKERS AND THEY CAN REALLY BEAT A FEW SPEAKERS IN THE $ 6000 PRICES.

NOW....THERE IS AN UPGRADE FOR THESE SPEAKERS FOR THOSE WHO ARE AUDIOPHILES LIKE ME....I KNOW YOU LOVE THE SOUND OF THE JBL S312 ...BUT WHAT ABOUT UPGRADING THE CROSSOVERS.....

HERE IS A VIDEO OF AN UPGRADE ON THE WAY...I BELIEVE IS GOING TO REALLY GOOD FOR THE JBLS312

CHECK IT OUT......

Submitted by ivo a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: November 20, 2008

Bottom Line:
I bought these speakers couple of years ago but really never got myself to find a way to explore its potential, till couple of days ago when i had a friend give me his Carver - sunfire 300 power Amp.Well I was blown away with the performance of the speakers.
The 312 generally says max 250 at 8 ohms ,,,though the 300 watt rms amp chur ns out more than needed to have an astounding speaker system.
I have picked up the sunfire 300 at a good deal and wud def sugest the same for any one looking to harness the power of the JBLS312.

Purchased At:   Oman

JBL s312 UPGRADE POSSIBLE ?????

[FONT="Arial Black"][COLOR="#000000"][/COLOR][/FONT] THANKS TO ALL FOR ALL THE HELP PROVIDED IN THIS FORUM. I BEEN VERY HAPPY WITH MY JBL S312 STUDIO SERIES....I BEEN GETTING DRUNK ON THEM MANY TIMES.THEY LEFT ME WITH A HAPPY FEELING ALL THE TIME. I RUN THEM WITH A YAMAHA RX-V1400... ... Read More »