JBL Northridge ND38ll Floorstanding Speakers

3-Way 8"" Floorstanding Speaker

Submitted by Rick a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: July 12, 2007

Bottom Line:
I bought this pair brand new off of eBay about a year ago for my son to use in his stero system. I got a fantastic deal on them through ebay as my quited price included shipping, and they sound VERY nice. Full, powerful bass that you wouldn't think could come out of only an 8-inch woofer (credit the large enclosure for this). Smooth and detailed through the mid and high frequencies. I still prefer my older L-60T's for their more refined sound but these ND38II's are great speakers. If I could find another new-in-the-box pair for a reasonable price I'd snap 'em up in a heartbeat.

Purchased At:   eBay

Submitted by Jaleksi1 a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: August 29, 2003

Bottom Line:
I don't have the IIs. I am told only cosmetic changes from 2002 to 2003. The N38 IIs grille cover curves around the JBL logo on the main body, and has four plastic feet instead of a big block of wood for a base. The JBL logo on the 2002s N38 is on a rectangular grille.
I love them, sound great from DVD movies to audiophile CDs. I can't give any technical appraisals as I have just one criteria:- Do they sound good in their present location with the fields of entertainment I enjoy? The answer is yes, a big time yes. I phoned the Sears sales-kid personally after I exercised the speakers to tell him how great they were.

Purchased At:   Sears