JBL Flix 10 Floorstanding Speakers

3.38/5 (8 Reviews) MSRP : $140.00

Submitted by Bill a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: February 16, 2002

Bottom Line:
I HAVE THE FLIX 20's.......

Just figured I'd write a review, but there was no place for the Flix 20's, only the Flix 10's... Anyway, I have had these for about 3 years and I figured I would be nice and write a review, because I will not be using them for a while, if ever. The reason for this is because I will be purchasing the Paradigm cc-370 center channel and the Paradigm ADP-370 surrounds for my home theater tomorrow. Sorry JBL, but it's time to upgrade. Anyway, for entry level center and surrounds, I couldn't beat the price. Plus, it's been a few years where I didn't really care what I had...especially living in an apartment. You could get a crap pair of Audiovox surrounds for an apartment, because generally you can't turn them up loud enough to know what garbage you bought, meaning apartment living with neighbors and crap. You can't cough without your neighbor hearing. Anyway now that I bought a house with a BIG livingroom, it's time for the real deal. These were more than fine for my apartment and weren't even too bad for the house. I just want to match everything now. I had JBL Flix 20 center and surrounds and Kef coda 9's as my mains, as long as a JBL pb10 subwoofer. Also, in that mess was a Sony STR-DE725 Dolby Digital READY receiver. I hate the word READY... Means not complete in my world. Anyway, most of that crap is gone or upstairs in the bedroom. Paradigm Monitor 11's belong with their own, thus, my decision is made.

Purchased At:   Circuit City, I thin

Submitted by Dave Meuse a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: January 17, 2002

Bottom Line:
I have the Flix 20 speakers. A step up from the Flix 10.
The center channel has a fiber high freq. speaker instead of paper. 2.5 inches vs 2.0 inches
Both surrounds have a 12mm poly cone for high freg, the
flix 10 doesnt. Power handling is 100w vs 50w for Flix 10
Center channel cab is larger than the Flix 10/ The surrounds for the Flix 20 are 5 lbs each vs 3 lbs for the Flix 10 speaker. Center is 10lbs vs 9 lbs for Flix 10

For the price they sound great. Not as good as my son's
N Center. It handles the lows better. But costs the same and I needed surrounds. Will eventually upgrade to N Center and larger surrounds when I get the extra cash.

Good deal for the money. Good sounding speakers

Purchased At:   HK Outlet

Submitted by Draymond Crawford II a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: February 20, 2001

Bottom Line:
A good first center channel, nice warm sound, but could be clearer

Purchased At:   Costco

Submitted by Matt a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: June 4, 2000

Bottom Line:
I'm pretty impressed for the money. I got 'em on sale for $89.99 at Best Buy. Matched with a pair of JBL 500's the sound great!

Submitted by Jack Farrell a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: March 29, 2000

Bottom Line:
These speakers are very cheap, but are at least small. Center channel really isn't up to the task. With surrond you want a decent center. They also don't match well with any reasonably efficient front speakers. They barely emit a whisper while the other speakers will be too loud.