JBL ES90 Floorstanding Speakers

2.67/5 (3 Reviews) MSRP : $269.88

• Store Promotions Shipping Price

Utilize UHF drivers cable of 40Hz for excellent highs. A JBL computer-optimized bass-reflex port provides deeper bass and less turbulence. These speakers are designed to look good anywhere with a style that equals their substance.

Submitted by BEN a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: May 1, 2013

Bottom Line:
GOOD PRICE I PAID 650 SHIPPED FROM AMAZON. I AM COMPARING THIS TO MY OMD15 . THESE SOUND AMAZING FOR 650 A PAIR. also VERY DETAILED VOCAL CANT COMPLAIN.

Submitted by Vasilev, Vasil BG a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: January 2, 2012

Bottom Line:
I have tried that speakers on harman kardon hk970 stereo amp. The result was teribble.
After that Pioneer LX-81. It was better but still no tidy bass, HF very annoing. BI-amping little better but stil annoing. OK i will replace the wires inside. Anybody? Other suggestions for DYI stuff (resistors, capacitators, new crossovers. SOMETHING :)) on these awfull noise making mashines. How to drive them for better sound?
Full range, low cut ot 50,80,100,200Hz ?

Submitted by John HP a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: April 22, 2008

Bottom Line:
I bougth this speaker, because I have read some reviews of the JBL L890 speaker, that was quite positive. The ES90 uses much the same parts as the L890 speakers, so I thought, they would sound much the same, although they are a little cheaper. I have had some Kappa 90 speakers in the past, that I was very fund of, so I thought, that the ES90 speakers would resemble them a bit.

When I tried the speakers for the first time, the high frequencies was very detailed and was quite bright. The bass was muddy and rather unclear. That improved in time, but never became perfect. There is tight bass as long as there is no exaggerated bass. Bass drums can sound a bit slow and undetailed. Maybe some of the problems with the bass sound lies in my amplifier and my listening room, that is not so big.

The inside of the speaker is a large room filled with a wool like material from top to bottom to prevent ringing sounds. The print board to split the sound between the speakers is quite small, and the high frequency speaker is small compared to, what I have seen in other speakers. The cable wire, that connect the speaker terminals with the speakers, is thinner than in the Kappa series, and might cause the speakers to sound worse than with quality cobber wires. There are wood frames inside the speakers to accomplish some bracing of the speakers, and all in all the speaker construction seems strong and is made in strong wood materials.

At present I think, I should have bougth the L890 speaker instead, because I want perfect sound and the ES90 does not quite deliver that. The bass is too muddy and the treble too bright and a litte shrilling.

Purchased At:   Audiosound