JBL E60 Floorstanding Speakers

4.2/5 (5 Reviews) MSRP : $150.00

• Equipped with JBL's tried-and-true titanium-laminate tweeters and PolyPlas™ drivers
  • FreeFlow™ flared port
  • Elliptical Oblate Spheroidal (EOS™) waveguide

Submitted by Chad a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: April 24, 2007

Bottom Line:
Really crisp clear speakers. They sound great when used with a sub. I don't know why, but when used without a sub the highs seem to over power the mids. I bi-wired them and they seem to sound have better response. I know bi-wiring doesn't do a lot but the extra copper seemed to make a big enough change I would sujest it to anyone that has these speakers. I am no expert but I think these speakers are power hungry and would sound even better if I had a bigger amp.

A great value i bought the pair for $180

I use these with a JBL N-Center, a Klipsch rw-12 and two JBL N24II's. I bought them to replace my JBL N26II, that were just too small to use as mains in my livingroom.

Purchased At:   Harman Karman direct

Submitted by Alex Shan a Casual Listener

Date Reviewed: July 18, 2006

Bottom Line:
I just got these speakers about a month ago and have paired them up in Stereo mode with my Harmon Kardon AVR75 and Powered Yamaha Sub. Sound quality is crisp and clear, but then again the AMP usually has alot to do with that. One thing I noticed is that the positioning of these floor speakers is very important, took me a couple days of playing with where to place them in a small room before I was able to get the optimal sound.

Purchased At:   FutureShop

Submitted by Trashcan Sinatra a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: July 7, 2006

Bottom Line:
After nearly 20 years, the time had come to replace my Boston Acoustics A60 & A70's. My budget was limited and I am a bit on the "cheap side", so I spent nearly 3 months searching for the right replacements. My first choice was to replace the A60s with a pair of Wharfedale bookshelfs. Easy chice.

My next endeavor was to find a great-sounding yet inexpensive pair of floorstanding speakers. Not an easy task. I visited the local low-end shops and a few high-end stores and could not find what I was searching for for the price. The closest product was the POlk Audio 50's, but the price still concerned me , so I kept searching.

I read practically every review possible, and finally settleed for the JBL E60. I was tempted to get the E80, but reconsidered my room specs and stayed with the 60's. I use these strictly for audio use, and my music of choice ranges from late 60's Pink Floyd, Yes, Zepplin, to today's contemporary Indie bands such as Death Cab, Pinback, Dredg ect.

At first listen, I wasn't certain if I made the correct purchase. The sound was a little flat. But, as time went on the speakers livened up considerably. The highs are crisp, the midrange is clear, and the bass is satisfactory. In all, the speakers sound great. A nice complementory pair of bookshelfs certainly help add some richness.

Overall, if you are in the market for an inexpensive pair of floorspeakers, the JBL E60's are a nice fit.

Purchased At:   B & H Photo

Submitted by Mike a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: June 25, 2006

Bottom Line:
I purchased these as an upgrade from a Bose system. I had also bought a pair of KLH speakers that were decent too, but these babies sounded much clearer. Right now, the E60s are being used as a pair of speakers in my music studio, to monitor my recordings and compositions. I must say that these speakers are very impressive, especially for the money! The bass is nice and tight, and very impactful - it makes some of my synths sound very fat and powerful. The trebble is nice and crisp and it's not overbearing. I do wish that it would have some sort of fuse protector from clipping and being overpowered, but then again, these speakers cost $450. Again, for the price, these speakers are amazing. My friends tried to sell me on some Klipsch, but I opted for these instead. Don't get me wrong, Klipsch are good speakers, but to me they sound a little harsh. The JBL E60's, on the other hand, are nice and mellow - with a sort of "laid back" sound to them.

Purchased At:   AAFES Online

Submitted by Lomzaman a Casual Listener

Date Reviewed: February 10, 2004

Bottom Line:
I bought these to replace the Bose 301s I was using as my main speakers. They are very clear and offer a bit more clarity than the Bose speakers. (that is not to say that Bose 301s are bad either!) I enjoy listening to classical in the evenings and everything else as my mood dictates. I feel these speakers are definitely up to par and as far as I am concerned, quite likely as good or better than any other speakers in the price range. Very good speakers.

Purchased At:   Bestbuy