JBL D315 Floorstanding Speakers

3.88/5 (25 Reviews)

Speakers

Submitted by Handyman 2000 a AudioPhile

Date Reviewed: October 8, 2013

Bottom Line:
Ok. So I bought these to resell. As with all my purchases I ran them thru the gamut. From classical to death metal. They have the JBL name but that's all. Inferior parts and engineering. Light bulb! I put some polyfill stuffing in the cabinet (stuffed it really). Rebuilt the crossovers and now they sound like something worthy of the JBL name. So if you find a pair cheap pick them up and do your own upgrade. You won't be disappointed. Make sure you have the room to fully appreciate these speakers (at least 20 x 20). They will make your neighbors change their taste in music!

Submitted by fallenlordz a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: July 2, 2002

Bottom Line:
Big speakers, but I was expecting them to be anyway. The bass is tight considering it is a 15". The mids are very loud and stands out then any other part of the speaker. For the tweeters, the sound isnt as high or noticable.

Purchased At:   800.com

Submitted by Andrei a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: May 20, 2002

Bottom Line:
I got these a while ago for christmas. The sound has its strenghts and weaknesses. The bass over a certain volume is weak, the woofers cannot handle what a ported enclosure could do for them. The highs are just lacking. They could have used a dome tweeter or something better, this one just ain't cutting it. The midrange is ok, maybe a bit extreme at times. For the use I got them for - Mp3s, games, some DVDs, they work great and I'll probably get another pair (my receiver is way too powerful for just one pair, distorsion comes in at halfway).

Purchased At:   Best Buy

Submitted by chris a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: September 5, 2000

Bottom Line:
It is really obvious that the woofers were focused on in this speaker. The bass is good enough that I have to look at my subwoofer to see if it is on. The midrange and tweeter are fairly weak, however. My Infinity bookshelf ones are much better at that. If you have no sub, consider these. If you do, then dont get them. Positioning them in a dorm room is a difficult task too.

Purchased At:   ubid

Submitted by Perry Saunders a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: July 5, 2000

Bottom Line:
I am 15, These speakers are not meant to go very low with bass, yet they still have pretty good bass. They are very heavy duty and I'm not afraid to crank my volume knob. Before I had KLH 9912 3 way's, but I saw this great deal cause these were on clearance and I had to take them. Now I've got it all hooked up. If you are like me, don't fork out alot of money, like loudness, like quality, then these are great. If your thinking about getting some, I recomend them. You may want to buy a powered sub or something if the bass isn't enough for you... (by the way, these have a real nice appearance)