Jamo Concert 7 Floorstanding Speakers

System: 3-way, double chamber bass reflex
Woofer: 2 x 8" compound mounted
Midrange: 167mm (6 1/2")
Tweeter: 25mm (1")
Rated Power: 200 W (300 W music)
IEC Input Power: 80 W
Weight: 28 kg
Dimensions (H x W x D): 920 x 286 x 313 mm

Submitted by Ro a AudioPhile

Date Reviewed: March 13, 2015

Bottom Line:
I bought the Jamo Concert VII a few days ago and i have to say it's the best buy ever! I already had a few concert V speakers they sound very nice but in the low area I was missing a little bit so I bought the Concert VII and I must say it is by far the best speaker I ever heard. The tweeters giving sparkling high sound the mid very clean and the low pfff what can i say they drop down till 24Hz really amazing overall a real hifi speaker with lots of detail and very realistic and dynamic sound. It really doesn't matter what kind of music you play classic, rock, pop, R&B, hip hop, metal, jazz, piano whatever everything sounds superb! The rating says 5 stars well this speaker goes beyond a 5 it is at least 6.
I know it is a oldie (build in 1992) but they where ahead in time a lot of speakers these days with a pricing off €2000,- or higher couldn't handle the quality what these speakers perform!

Submitted by MGTOW... a Casual Listener

Date Reviewed: October 3, 2014

Bottom Line:
same as musicman, I puchased a pair of concert Vll back in 1991 from Radio Parts in East Malvern (not longer there) together with a Yamaha DSPA 1000, the yamaha has died long ago, but the speakers are still as new, after our son was born in 1996 I packed them up and put them in the shed away from young inquisitive hands...two other baby boys and a following separation in 08, I lost the house but managed to keep the speakers (which were still in the shed)
now paired up with a Vincent SV-234 which pump out lots of grunt, and complement these amazing speakers...
I gave it 5 stars but they probably deserve 6 :)

Submitted by Soren schjodt a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: July 9, 2013

Bottom Line:
i got this speakers free from a freind and i had them in a soround system then i got me a Primare i21 Amp i and coneced that and the speakers eat all the wats you put in them Great Speaker

Submitted by Musicman a Casual Listener

Date Reviewed: June 5, 2013

Bottom Line:
I purchased these speakers new back in 1991 from Radio Parts (East Malvern, Melb) discounted down to $2700, I still have the lab tests results and brochures in my filing cabinet.

They are a very well made and solid speaker with performance to match, the bass is outstanding,
These speakers have to be matched to a good amplifier to get the best result.

I will try to post the lab test results under the heading of, 'Jamo Concert Vll lab results'. in the near future.

Submitted by Dragan a AudioPhile

Date Reviewed: May 16, 2013

Bottom Line:
I purchased my Jamo Concert VII speakers brand new, around 1995, along with P500 D500 Esoterec CD player and a High end receiver for $ 10,000.00 at that time. Unbelievable sound quality. I still have and use the speakers, but one of the tweeters had fried, most likely since my son used them with a crappy low end Kenwood amp from the 2005 era. I am presently running the speakers with a 1980's era Yamaha A960 integrated amp which is rated at 100-110 Watts RMS with 8 OHM speakers and about 150 Watts RMS with 6 OHM speakers. A better fit will be something like a Kenwood M2 power amp which is rated for 220 watts RMS with 8 OHM speakers and probably about 280 watts RMS with the 6 OHM Jamo Concert VII's. I used to run the Kenwood in the past and am looking to buy one again, a great buy for the money and a better fit for the Jamos which need a lot of clean power to run them. The older Jamos were made in Denmark and some had Norwegian components. I compared these Concerto's with Infinity and chose the Jamos for their sound quality and price, the Infinities were marginally better but a lot more expensive at the time. Anyone finding these speakers should truly listen to them and consider buying them, they are outstanding. But need lots of power to get the high quality sound that they can deliver. Thank you for reading and remember, let your ears be the judge.