Jamo Concert 7 Floorstanding Speakers

System: 3-way, double chamber bass reflex
Woofer: 2 x 8" compound mounted
Midrange: 167mm (6 1/2")
Tweeter: 25mm (1")
Rated Power: 200 W (300 W music)
IEC Input Power: 80 W
Weight: 28 kg
Dimensions (H x W x D): 920 x 286 x 313 mm

Submitted by Soren schjodt a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: July 9, 2013

Bottom Line:
i got this speakers free from a freind and i had them in a soround system then i got me a Primare i21 Amp i and coneced that and the speakers eat all the wats you put in them Great Speaker

Submitted by Musicman a Casual Listener

Date Reviewed: June 5, 2013

Bottom Line:
I purchased these speakers new back in 1991 from Radio Parts (East Malvern, Melb) discounted down to $2700, I still have the lab tests results and brochures in my filing cabinet.

They are a very well made and solid speaker with performance to match, the bass is outstanding,
These speakers have to be matched to a good amplifier to get the best result.

I will try to post the lab test results under the heading of, 'Jamo Concert Vll lab results'. in the near future.

Submitted by Dragan a AudioPhile

Date Reviewed: May 16, 2013

Bottom Line:
I purchased my Jamo Concert VII speakers brand new, around 1995, along with P500 D500 Esoterec CD player and a High end receiver for $ 10,000.00 at that time. Unbelievable sound quality. I still have and use the speakers, but one of the tweeters had fried, most likely since my son used them with a crappy low end Kenwood amp from the 2005 era. I am presently running the speakers with a 1980's era Yamaha A960 integrated amp which is rated at 100-110 Watts RMS with 8 OHM speakers and about 150 Watts RMS with 6 OHM speakers. A better fit will be something like a Kenwood M2 power amp which is rated for 220 watts RMS with 8 OHM speakers and probably about 280 watts RMS with the 6 OHM Jamo Concert VII's. I used to run the Kenwood in the past and am looking to buy one again, a great buy for the money and a better fit for the Jamos which need a lot of clean power to run them. The older Jamos were made in Denmark and some had Norwegian components. I compared these Concerto's with Infinity and chose the Jamos for their sound quality and price, the Infinities were marginally better but a lot more expensive at the time. Anyone finding these speakers should truly listen to them and consider buying them, they are outstanding. But need lots of power to get the high quality sound that they can deliver. Thank you for reading and remember, let your ears be the judge.

Submitted by Rewind a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: January 18, 2009

Bottom Line:
My stepfather has a 15 year old system with a Phillips 900 series FA 931 amp (OK) with 6 CD, radio, cassette, LP ....... . . . a n d . . . the Jamo Concert VII.

Relevant info:
¤ Complete System Price New: 40 000 Swedish crowns = $6000
¤ 200W (300 Watt music)
¤ 3-way, double chamber bass reflex
¤ Combined weight per pair = 56 kg
¤ "Loudspeaker of the Year" - CESA Sound & Image Awards 1989
¤ Biamped for increased clarity: low-high freq
¤ The tweeter sounds like a hamster on fire!
¤ The middriver. Mmm.
¤ The TWO push-pull bassdriver inside the cabinet sounds like a bull caught with his balls in the electric fence!

I have spent a few months assessing what is the best speaker to date, before realizing the answer was possibly standing in the my parents living room. When I have tried the ATC and realized that they just aren't worth it and compared them to Danish age old handcraft, before China, before economic slave labour - then I will try to buy them from him. I will most likely have to wait for my inheritage and when I am old - and almost have lost hope of pairing these babies with a Bryston amp - rip the speakers off of his cold dead hands!

Oh, and they are white. And have a loudness character to them. The EQ is not flat. They otherwise sound very clean. Like listening to chlorine. But I am still going to use them in my music studio for reference. You just have to get to know the speaker. I do not believe one can get this quality ESPECIALLY today without paying serious money. The push-pull double bassreflex is awsome. Our 300 m2 house is too small for them.

Purchased At:   Örebro, Sweden