Jamo Concert 11 Floorstanding Speakers

4.67/5 (27 Reviews) MSRP : $3600.00

Submitted by Audiophile Jamo concert 11 a AudioPhile

Date Reviewed: January 9, 2016

Bottom Line:
Merci Jamo !

Après plusieurs aventures audiophiles, avec toujours l'envie de faire évoluer mon installation, je dois dire qu'après avoir adopté les jamo concert 11, j'ai envie d'écouter de la musique et ne perds mon temps à la quête du graal!
Je commençais à regarder du très lourd...et aujourd'hui n'en vois plus l'intérêt!
Elles sont magiques ! Je peux me déplacer dans toute ma pièce de vie, y compris des pièces attenantes et la scène sonore reste parfaitement crédible, c'est impressionant.
Précision, dynamique, beaucoup de matière à bas volume, un grave excellent 30hz, qui ne se retrouve que sur des colonnes très chères.
Je les utilise avec cables hp Absolue création intim 2, AMS 50 Musical Fidelity, xlr Acrolink et chord indigo plus, anthem d2, cayin cdt 17a et musical fidelity m6 dac, pc audio avec coaxial audiomica et m2tech !
Leur seul défaut semble-t-il est qu'il est très difficile d'en trouver en occasion !
Je les recommande, la scène sonore est juste parfaite, pas projeté, sur du jazz, année 80, rock, etc tout passe! j'ai même redécouvert des cd alors que mes anciennes enceintes sont considérées comme parmis les meilleurs bibliothèques du monde...
Et si Jamo n'a pas la réputation qu'il mérite en France, et bien, tant mieux pour nous
Musicalement.

Submitted by Armin Burkhardt a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: September 19, 2014

Bottom Line:
Thank you, Jamo.

I live in Germany.
I have been looking for a speaker that sounds natural and warm. Much like the IMF, but looks nice and is not that old.
Many speakers sound analytical, technical and cold.
I did not.
I have listened to many speakers used.
Now I am very happy with the Jamo 11th
Wonderful speakers, wonderful workmanship.
Pleasant, relaxed sound.
I have bought 8 nor the SUB so.
I paid a ridiculously small amount: 500 € for the Jamo11 and 350 € for the SUB 8th
Jamo has no audiophile reputation in Europe. Hardly anyone knows the Jamo 11th
So you get here for little money these fantastic speakers.
Now I am satisfied.
Amplifier Vincent SV 236
CD player Vincent CD S6
Kimber Cable + Monster M1

Submitted by Studiobitz a AudioPhile

Date Reviewed: January 11, 2010

Bottom Line:
I am not new to the hifi game, I have had 37 pairs of loudspeakers in the last 10 years and have had many good ones and not so good but expsive ones ones. I have had some I have loved and some I detested but Variety is the spice of life and you can onlt learn from experience. First things first the Jamo Concert 11 is a very fine speaker. I have recently owned B&W matrix 802's,Zingaly Prelude 4's, Overture 4's , Pmc OB1's and Dynaudio Contour 1.8 mk2's, in the quest to replace my Impulse H1 full range horns with a domestically acceptable package. All of these other speakers did have great strengths but the Jamos surpisingly are a better allrounder and have the best midrange and upper frequencies of them all. The midrange and treble are fast accurate and natural with excellent presence and openess if slightly forward (noy metallic as others have said) without being harsh or excessive in any way. I really really like them which is suprising as I just bought them to see if they were any good. They are !!! They are not perfect, bass although very good is not quite as good as other areas. Basically these speakers are excellent and this is by any standard, Jamo are a company I normally and still do associate with high volume cheap loudspeakers but these are better than that and cac compete with Thiels, B&W's and the other long term Highend manufacturers and stand there ground and even show a few lessons of their own against the very best out there. If you get a chance on a pair jst buy them and I would not listen to those nutcases using low powered valves, I love valves but these need a fast sounding natural amplifier like something from MF, Moon, Bel Canto and the likes, All in All a total Bargain

Submitted by AnthonieSmit a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: March 10, 2009

Bottom Line:
I have bought these speakers second hand for 900 Euros about two years ago, and they keep surprising me every time I listen to them. The sound image is very, very clear and natural. The sound they produce is so realistic that if you listen to a well recorded (which most are) live performance, and you close your eyes, you can witness the whole performance played out in front of you. Other people talk about lack of poor bass performance and the need for a powerful amplifier. Don’t let them misguide you! These speakers are very sensitive and can easily perform on a “low power” amplifier. The speakers produce sound very well with nearly no coloring to the sound.
These speakers do require you to drive them with good equipment; they will point out every flaw in your equipment! I am currently driving these speakers with a self build Push-Pull EL84 vacuum tube amplifier, which has a rated output power of 12 watts (yes, twelve watts..) without negative feedback applied (also, no Blackgates or other overrated, expensive, parts included). These speakers rock your house with this amount of power! When other people visit me, I often notice that I play them very loud. I notice this when I have to speak and I find out that I have to yell in order to make myself hearable ?
If you find these speakers available on the internet, do not hesitate and buy them. If you are looking for a great pare of speakers this could be your life-long match. I have recently compared this set against a set of 180k Euros (600watt mono blocks, and very clever designed speakers), the Jamo’s won overall without a doubt.
The little brothers of these speakers (Concert 8 / Concert D830) are also very good. I’ve bought a limited set (black polished enclosure) of them last year which I am currently restoring. You do need a subwoofer with the Concert 8 if you want real bass performance.

Submitted by hdemico a AudioPhile

Date Reviewed: December 2, 2008

Bottom Line:
Really monitor sound.The Seas Excel serie (magnesium cone) is fantastic.
Medium band is very natural and realistic.LIKE ELECTROSTATIC!Highs are really goods and also there is the fine treble tuning that allows tuning of the sistem without touch the signal.
The bass is very fast and deep if you note that the speakers are about 170 mm.
But of course the best bass is made by very large speakers o cabinets,or very good Transmission Line.And this type of speakers cost much much more.And also must have very big rooms for maximum integration.

This product is a good compromise about design, size,good sound.You don't care of 20-30 Hz but you have very good medium-bass that not creat any problem in small rooms too.
There is the NCC(non coloration compound) that is fantastic to create a real uncolored sound.In reason of this the source and the amplification is very important.
Now I drive them with a smal Pass Aleph 3 and the result is stunning(except the low end).With 91 db of sensivity you dont'need to much watts.
Fantastic for Classical,Jazz and evry acoustical music.
Money/Value raito is excellent.You must spend much much more for better sound.