Jamo Classic 10 Floorstanding Speakers

4.82/5 (11 Reviews)

Tower

Submitted by aamer a AudioPhile

Date Reviewed: June 24, 2013

Bottom Line:
I traded recently some audio gear that were dust collectors (I gave SonoFER SF-5 + NAD S100 preamp) for a pair of these gorgeous JAMO CLASSIC 10 spekers. They were well worth the investment. The bass is very soft and dynamic while mids and twits are not squiky and anoying like many other floorstanding and bookshelf speakers I have heard during past years. The only ones that I find better looking are JAMO D 870 (JAMO Concert 11). Other than that these are well worth the investment as I got them for next to nothing.
Most recommended for audio enthusiasts who seek for a fine speaker set, even audiophiles out there. Cheers

Submitted by Nik a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: September 7, 2012

Bottom Line:
Hi,
Just got very lucky I got this bril speakers I was looking for them over 3 years very hard to get this days,they sound wonderful y can hear any detail sure y need to have good source,they perform the best with stereo amp biwire good cables at list 12£ per meter very important plus airloc banana plugs,sure they will be fine with receivers,good part you will never need it subs the base of them is fantastic.
I do own in the past diffrent floor standers but this are really special noting can stand to them in the price range below 2000£ believe me they are that good,the same class like monitor audio platinum.
Hope this will help somebody looking for this speakers,just to let you know only concert 11 are better from all jamo range.Thanks Nik.

Submitted by newmannuman a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: August 27, 2012

Bottom Line:
Have these classic 10's since they were released around 1998 and had no problems with them.The bass is deep thanks to the front ports and drives well with most amps.Stage affect is good and playing them loud for a party or playing them low volume is also good.I have cherry wood which makes the appearence look more expensive(don't like black speakers).I would highly recommend these speakers if you can pick them up.I am currently using marantz PM 80 amp and have used Yamaha DSP-A2070.Before I got these speakers I was and sometime still do use celestion ditton 44's had them for over 30 years had to raise them a little so the twitter was at ear level stage affect was fantastic on these speakers better than classic 10's but the dittion 44's were louder and although the bass was there jamos were deeper with more detail.hope this helps someone,once again highly recommended.Bi wiring even better.

Submitted by bevan a Casual Listener

Date Reviewed: September 16, 2007

Bottom Line:
I was after a new pr of speakers bought these hooked them up and was like WOW the sound was that awesome.Nice bass down to ther lower registers sweet mids and treble.
these speakers replaced my mission 760ise as i was looking for a bit more bass,I got that + more .Speakers were driven by parasound hca 750ll ?? power amp ,

Sold due to lack of funds ,would buy another pr tommorow if I could find a pair for sale

Purchased At:   auction

Submitted by bitstreamstudios a AudioPhile

Date Reviewed: July 16, 2005

Bottom Line:
FANTASTIC Loudspeakers! I purchased these speakers just based on some reviews and comments on the Jamo brand - and some research into the Classic series drivers and crossovers.

I am a recording engineer in Toronto with over 13 years experience mixing and editing voice and music. (http://www.bitstreamstudios.net)

Basically, I was searching for a larger 2-way or 3-way system to judge my mastering and mixes on. I wanted a full range loudspeaker - BUT I didn't want to spend thousands.
Yes, I wanted it all...

My search started with Magnepan MMG's. I was very pleased with their sound and fantastic "air" quality. However, they were SOOO particular with placement that I could not trust them for imaging and bass balance. Next came PSB Platinum M2's. PSB's Platinum series are truly, truly wonderful, but far, far overpriced. From there, I moved on to Acoustic Energy AESPIRIT 309's. Another great set of loudspeakers - very flat in their response. I kept those for over a month before deciding to look elsewhere.
Finally came the Jamo Classic 10's. They put a smile on my face on every listen (and still do)!

The Jamo Classic 10's are the finest sounding speakers of the bunch I tested - and among the best I have ever heard. (The BEST I have EVER heard were Duntech Sovereign's, followed by a nicely broken in pair of PSB Platinum T8s -- good job, Paul ; )
But I digress...

The Jamo Classic 10's have an incredibly open soundstage. A real 3-dimensional quality that allows the loudspeakers to disappear, revealing just the music. The bass response is far reaching, but does not feel loose. Using my NAD T753 I get the response of a sub without the loose bottom of some powered subs. Bi-wiring with top quality speaker cables really helped with these speakers.

Jamo definitely did a great job on their crossover. The mid drivers sing with beautiful detail while the clarity of the tweeters and richness of the 8" bass drivers full in any gaps. Actually, the lack of "gap" is what impressed me most about these loudspeakers - especially from a 3-way design.

Since Jamo does not make them anymore, the only current speakers I can compare them to are the PSB Platinum T6. Yes, they sound that good!

If you disagree with my assessment of these speakers, then please let me know (admin at bitstreamstudios dot net). I'll probably buy your pair of Classic 10's from you.

: )

Purchased At:   eBay

Jamo Classic 10

Hi everyone I bought a pair of Jamo Classic 10 (floorstanding front speakers) a few years back and have been using them in a 5.1 system. Specifications on these (discontinued) speakers seems to be impossible to find though, could anyone help me in this matter? :idea: Thanks in advance!Read More »