Jamo Classic 10 Floorstanding Speakers

4.83/5 (12 Reviews)

Tower

Submitted by Jarvis a AudioPhile

Date Reviewed: September 19, 2016

Bottom Line:
Got these new for £1850 at my favorite London audio store many moons ago. Top of the line, expensive and very well reviewed by the press back then. Jamo was a hot brand in the 90's with many good models. Well, I still have the Classic 10's. A dozen of speaker pairs, some in the zillions price range, have come and gone in my various setups, but no pair has bettered the speaker kings that the Classic 10's are. From the very very lows all the way to the very very highs these speakers are to fight for. If a pair comes in your way, don't miss the chance. They will take you many steps closer to million dollar sound that you dream of. A TRUE KING AMONG SPEAKERS.

Submitted by aamer a AudioPhile

Date Reviewed: June 24, 2013

Bottom Line:
I traded recently some audio gear that were dust collectors (I gave SonoFER SF-5 + NAD S100 preamp) for a pair of these gorgeous JAMO CLASSIC 10 spekers. They were well worth the investment. The bass is very soft and dynamic while mids and twits are not squiky and anoying like many other floorstanding and bookshelf speakers I have heard during past years. The only ones that I find better looking are JAMO D 870 (JAMO Concert 11). Other than that these are well worth the investment as I got them for next to nothing.
Most recommended for audio enthusiasts who seek for a fine speaker set, even audiophiles out there. Cheers

Submitted by Nik a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: September 7, 2012

Bottom Line:
Hi,
Just got very lucky I got this bril speakers I was looking for them over 3 years very hard to get this days,they sound wonderful y can hear any detail sure y need to have good source,they perform the best with stereo amp biwire good cables at list 12£ per meter very important plus airloc banana plugs,sure they will be fine with receivers,good part you will never need it subs the base of them is fantastic.
I do own in the past diffrent floor standers but this are really special noting can stand to them in the price range below 2000£ believe me they are that good,the same class like monitor audio platinum.
Hope this will help somebody looking for this speakers,just to let you know only concert 11 are better from all jamo range.Thanks Nik.

Submitted by newmannuman a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: August 27, 2012

Bottom Line:
Have these classic 10's since they were released around 1998 and had no problems with them.The bass is deep thanks to the front ports and drives well with most amps.Stage affect is good and playing them loud for a party or playing them low volume is also good.I have cherry wood which makes the appearence look more expensive(don't like black speakers).I would highly recommend these speakers if you can pick them up.I am currently using marantz PM 80 amp and have used Yamaha DSP-A2070.Before I got these speakers I was and sometime still do use celestion ditton 44's had them for over 30 years had to raise them a little so the twitter was at ear level stage affect was fantastic on these speakers better than classic 10's but the dittion 44's were louder and although the bass was there jamos were deeper with more detail.hope this helps someone,once again highly recommended.Bi wiring even better.

Submitted by bevan a Casual Listener

Date Reviewed: September 16, 2007

Bottom Line:
I was after a new pr of speakers bought these hooked them up and was like WOW the sound was that awesome.Nice bass down to ther lower registers sweet mids and treble.
these speakers replaced my mission 760ise as i was looking for a bit more bass,I got that + more .Speakers were driven by parasound hca 750ll ?? power amp ,

Sold due to lack of funds ,would buy another pr tommorow if I could find a pair for sale

Purchased At:   auction