Jamo A 775 Floorstanding Speakers

• Full frequency range
  • 2½ way configuration

Submitted by Soundangel a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: August 10, 2006

Bottom Line:
These speakers are the right compromise in aesthetics and sound. I love good sound and music, my sonus Faber Guarnieri and matching sub-woofer plus Meridian electronics travelled with me everywhere. But I was not ready to oblige my better half to one other set of "non-beautiful" speakers for our TV (and was not ready to spend a little fortune on one other set of high end Sonus Faber....). There comes JAMO with the A775 with the A7 center: my wife loved them and, once set up and correctly positioned, they are growing on me day after day. I purchased four A775 for front and surround, as the A702 seemed to be on the weaker side when auditioned, especially for a large listening room as ours. I did not buy the sub yet, I need to get convinced that the A7 sub is the correct match; in my view it maybe a little light for my room size. Maybe something more musical and powerful will complement the set up. I have tried the set up with my Sonus Faber sub, but it costs 10 times the JAMO sub and the comparison is not fair (but what a great match!). All in all, even without the sub (just a temporary solution until I define the right one to buy) movies are extremely involving, effects very well placed and without solution of continuity. Naturally I shall add a sub for the final movie effect!
Well done JAMO!