Jamo 407 Floorstanding Speakers

3.2/5 (5 Reviews) MSRP : $349.00

3 way bass reflex 6.5in woofer, 1in mid, 0.625in tweeter

Submitted by Alan a Audiophile

Date Reviewed: May 23, 2000

Bottom Line:
Some time back I purchased a home theater loudspeaker system consisting of all Jamo loudspeakers. I stumbled across the Jamos at a discound due to the model change from the '07 line to the .7 line - and the prices could not be beat. Of those, I bought 507s for mains, and for the rears I ended up with the 407 (overkill, but the 307 were sold out in the finish I bought the 507s center and sub in). Here is where my pleasant surprise came into play. I've been doing some system shuffling, and right now I am using the 407s as mains on a second system. These are really a shockingly good speaker! Bass extension and output is the biggest surprise - excellent for a single 6.5" woofer, and midrange remains clean even at high levels. Remember, while called a 3 way, this is actually a 2 way with a super-tweeter - so the woofer handles most of the midrange, and it does it well. More yet - bass is more dynamic and "quick" than that of the 507 (twin internal 6.5" woofers ala Bose Acoustimass-type bandpass loading). The supertweeter seems to do little, yet these do have more "air" at the top than the 507s (which share the same 1"tweeter). Someday the 407s will return to the surround channel - but they are keepers! Note - in my value rating, I have to take them at retail value, which is what most stores sell them at, so please keep this in mind.

Submitted by Don Holloway a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: March 6, 2000

Bottom Line:
Jamo 07/7 Series are by far my choice over the above, but we all have diffrent tastes. The JAMO's bass is much deeper than the above. Excellent sound stage, good bass, & vocally clear, ie. (Sarah McLachlan, Don Henley, & even 0zzy).

To give the 707 one star get serious!! As Baris did "he did not even hear them". I think he would have enjoyed them, if he liked the 307's.

The 307 are 12" w/6.5 woofer/midrange & 1.25" tweeter, 12"x7"x10". Frequency 50-20000Hz. (all Jamo07/7's are 4ohms)

The 707(now the 7.7) 2x8 woofers 2x5 midranges & 1.25 tweeter. 40x10x15 Frequency 35-20000Hz. Three-way. approx $1200-$1300 US$ Excellent sound stage, good bass, & great vocally.

I had the 707's/(7.7's) at home for a day. Depending your listing room & system. They are the most likely best of the series, although some say the 507's/(7.6's) are the speaker better.

Other 07 series models 407, 477, 507 all worth a listen.

I have the 477's/(7.5's) 30"x7.5"x11" (2x5" woofers/midrange & 1.25" tweeter). Frequency 40-20000Hz. Two-way. I have no reason to get rid of them, unless I upgrade to the new 7.6's or 7.7's.

The new 7 series models 7.3, 7.4, 7.5, 7.6, 7.7 all have new upgraded woofers & midranges all boxes are basically unchanged. All worth a listen

Submitted by baris kizilkaya a an Audiophile

Date Reviewed: January 23, 1999

Bottom Line:
B&W 602 or NHT 1.5, light on bass, but clean and clear.

Duration Product Used:   an Audiophile

Submitted by Bill Zeng a an Audiophile

Date Reviewed: October 15, 1998

Bottom Line:
Good sound stage. A bit lack of adequate bass.But who expects good bass from a speaker of that size.
507 was a lot better.

Duration Product Used:   an Audiophile

Submitted by Patrick S. a an Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: February 2, 1998

Bottom Line:
I too am interested in any information regarding the 407. I have heard the 307,and was very impressed with the big, open sound of this speaker. The only problem I had was the dealer did not have any other high quality speakers to compare it to. Just from my listening to the 307, it sounded comparable to say a
B&W 602 or NHT 1.5, light on bass, but clean and clear.