Infinity Systems SM215 Floorstanding Speakers

4.62/5 (13 Reviews) MSRP : $700.00

Studio Monitor Series

Submitted by bellon85 a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: April 21, 2003

Bottom Line:
These things are amazing. great sound quality. Crisp highs, smooth mids, and punchy, tight bass. Ince broken inn properly they are one of the best souding speakers for the money. Have heard amy quality speakers out there and this one stands out. Esp. for the price. If you can find it, get it. Seriously.

Purchased At:   ubid

Submitted by Julian a Audiophile

Date Reviewed: July 18, 2001

Bottom Line:
My System:

Sony amp 461R (70 Mos Fet Watts)
Sony 510 CD player
Sony 510 Mini disc
Sony 300 Tuner
Sony 830 VHS VCR
Sony 300 Cassette

I used to use false Vieta speakers, never really made by Vieta which dissapeared in the mid 80's. They were really incredible for the price, small bookshelf ones. But they could be better. I started to search. I've auditioned practicaclly everithing there is to hear for nearly a year, and finally got these with smaller SM 165 as rears. What I wanted is: incredible crisp natural treble, something no one can make. I wanted to close my eyes and hear the singer and not a speaker. This was never possible with normal speakers, even really expensive ones. Have you ever heard the JBL's GTO automotive series? Their tweeters have titanium, and sound bright, possibly too much, not natural, but at least they don't sound dead, they live, music seems to come to life. Well, titanium is an excellent tweeter product, but there are even better ones, like Infinity's fast-glass, 20% faster than Titanium (300% faster than soft dome tweeters!!) and three times lighter.this is what you need. That is what these lovely speakers have: fatglass tweeters. If you like real natural crisp and live treble, these speakers are your option. I don't want to criticise other manufacturers, but some produce real rubbish, and even try to convince people to buy their stuff talking about quality. The best speaker is the one that you can't hear, the one that allows you to listen to music as it was originally recorded.The best speaker manufacturer in the world, if you don't know, no serious audiophile will say anything against, is Cabasse: cabasse speakers are very expensive, but are the only ones that when you close your eyes, you hear the music as natural as can be, you hear no speaker at all. After those expensive babies, the best home speaker I've heard is the infinity SM, no doubt. I had even thought of purchasing some disco speakers, as horn tweeters tend to sound much more realistic that dome ones. I quiote liked JBL's old M series, but extremely expensive, and far too big for a house. The problem with horn tweeters is that subtle things dissapear, but apart from that they sound great. The infinities are cxapable of sounding extremely low with a perfect sound, and go as loud and thumping as disco ones. All rounders with perfect treble. After hearing Cabasse you can see all the mistakes this infinity has, but I think it is still better than other products. So that is why I got them. Had them for 9 months and still great. Midrange is great and bass is normal, not special, but not dissapointing. It also is quite natural, not boomy and false. I know people may complain treble is a bit fierce, but:
1-you can regulate it
2-It is nearer the natural perfect point than most others you have heard, so it might amaze you, and you can tend to think they are wrong. Don't be fooled, listen carefully
3-Behind cabasse, probably one of the best dome tweeters available, if not the best

I like feminine vocals, so I need the best tweeter I can find ( and aford!). I also listen to rock, dance, pop and classical, practically everything as you can see. Incredible for Home cinema.

Just try them and see if all I'm saying is correct or not, you will be amazed. BRILLIANT SPEAKERS!!!

Purchased At:   small sound installer shop

Submitted by Chris Hewitt a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: March 8, 2001

Bottom Line:
I've had these speakers for over a year. Whith my old Kenwood they sounded good but with my pioneer i've noticed that they just can't hold the power. They're rated at 10 to 175 and the Amp is 100 So the problem is beyond me. They have been checked and are NOT blown. I use them for a rear set now and they are more suited to that application.

Purchased At:   Sound of Tri State

Submitted by Paul Christopher a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: August 7, 2000

Bottom Line:
I got these babies for $200 for the pair which included shipping. These guys sound very good. I had a old pair of Infinity RS-4's (16yo) that I truly loved the sound of. These speakers replaced them once I heard them. Very strong Sound, with execellent highs. I have been a Infinity Man for along time and these live up to what I expect from Infinity.

Purchased At:   Ubid

Submitted by Steve a Audiophile

Date Reviewed: July 21, 2000

Bottom Line:
If you can find these speakers at less then 200 a speaker
get them!!!!!!!!!! But shop around first you can find sales and get much cheaper!!!