Infinity Systems SM112 Floorstanding Speakers

4.22/5 (9 Reviews)

Floorstanding Speaker, 1 woofer, 1 midrange, 1 tweeter

Submitted by Daniel a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: December 7, 2011

Bottom Line:
Calidad de sonido exelente, responden con poca potencia, exelente selector de nivel de altos y muy buena respuesta en rango medio y bajo.
Cada 10 años aproximadamente es necesario reemplazar la suspensión de foam del woofer, con mano de obra idonea quedan perfectos como nuevos.
Valen la pena

Submitted by avgoalie01 a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: January 31, 2009

Bottom Line:
i bought these speakers used from pawn america about 3 months ago and i think the sound is very crisp. i got these for $80 and i hooked it u,p to an amplifier from the 70's with a loudness equalization and the bass midrange and tweters all sound exceptional, the bass even makes my chair feel like a massage chair these speakers are a good buy

Submitted by ed a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: September 26, 2006

Bottom Line:
I got these speakers in college more than ten years ago. They supplied the music for numerous parties early in their life. Since then my amp has blown and my powered sub has gone too. Amazingly, these still sound and look like new. I almost wish they wold blow up so I can upgrade. These speakers have excellent imaging and a pretty good sound stage. They do not disappear into the room like great speakers do, but they sound pretty good compared to their fair competition. They have very crisp highs, unfortuantely enough to cause fatigue on the listener (the built in level control for the tweeter helps but then the mids will overpower you-- one model has level control for mids and tweeters-that's the best bet). They excell at low volumes due to this crispness, but can make you feel like your ears are about to bleed at high volumes. The midrange is likewise bright and edgy. Unfortunately, these will give for a pretty shallow sound as most mid bass and low bass is not well produced by these speakers (if they did produce it well these would be on my top ten speakers list). Unfortunately, even a sub won't help you much because the sub will fill the low bass but you will still have a gap in the mid bass. I am struggling with this right now as I have installed a new, very powerful sub a couple of weeks ago. I've got awesome highs, great midrange, thunderous bass, but a big gaping hole at the midbass. This will not be an issue to the casual listener but trust me, once you listen to a nice set of Paradigms or Axioms, you will be shocked at what you are missing. In all fairness, those speakers go for over $1000 a pair. All in all, these are probably the best budget speakers from their era. in the early to mid 90's the budget speaker market was dominated by speakers offering over done and muddy bass, shallow midranges, and piercing highs (Cerwin Vega). These seemed to be the more controlled speakers from that time. If you can find them used for under $125 bucks you should get them.

Purchased At:   abc

Submitted by Mongo a Casual Listener

Date Reviewed: January 20, 2004

Bottom Line:
I have to hand it to Infinity ... these speakers rock! Not as much bass as I would have liked, but after 10 years of pretty solid use, they still sound great! They have a nice, clean sound that I really like. Only issues are with the controls ... there's a little static if I adjust them, but that's probably dust on the contacts.

Purchased At:   AAFES Base Exchange

Submitted by Jeff Wood from Canada a AudioPhile

Date Reviewed: November 14, 2003

Bottom Line:
I have these speakers hooked up to one of my HT systems. I am very impressed with the longivity and high quality still being produced by these old style speakers. Infinity did something right when they made these floor standing speakers. I have worked them hard so many times and I still like to go down and workem hard every once in a while. They are used mostly for music listening now and that is what impresses me so much about them. Excellent highs and lows are ok. I have a powered sub hooked up too because these speakers just don't have the ooommmmfffff that I wanted!

Purchased At:   Best Buy in Minneapo