Infinity Systems SL 20 Floorstanding Speakers

4.67/5 (6 Reviews)

2-Way Bookshelf Speaker: 1/2" Ferrofluid Cooled Polycarbonate Tweeter & 6 1/2" Polypropylene Woofer. 10-75 Watts/RMS into 6 Ohms

Submitted by Kevin Riopelle a AudioPhile

Date Reviewed: May 2, 2003

Bottom Line:
Its amazing what you can find if you look in the right places. The imaging, sound stage and dynamics of these speakers are on par with speakers costing $2000. All my friends, even those who dont know much about stereo gear have said how great they sound. They even sound good on the old Kenwood, but a bit bright. They seam like a perfect match for my Musical Fidelity AC3R amp and pre-amp. I use Monster Cable Refence throught out my system. They dont sound nearly as good on mid-fi gear. If you want a quick fix and youve got a clean amp. Buy these babys. Just goes to show it doesnt have to be over $5000 to audiophile grade.

Purchased At:   Pawn shop

Submitted by Kev a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: February 9, 2002

Bottom Line:
Great bass, lots of treble bite. Bought
these speakers when they first came out in 1995 when I lived in California. Liked them so much I paid more to ship them home than I did for the speakers. Shame I didn't buy some of the bigger SL floorstanders too.

Submitted by Brett Peterson a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: April 27, 2000

Bottom Line:
I have had these speakers for about five years and they still sound GREAT. The bass that is produced from that small woofer is amazing and the high end is very sharp. I used these speakers for my mains for a few years before I upgraded to surround sound, now they are my surround speakers. If you can find these speakers and are shopping on a budget I WOULD LOOK NO FURTHER.

Submitted by Nolan Collins a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: January 24, 2000

Bottom Line:
Overall an incredible buy from Ubid for around $47 for the pair. I am using them as surround speakers with a Denon avr1700 receiver and an Infinity cc-1 center channel with bose model 4b mains (As far as I am concerned the only Bose worth anything) The speakers also work pretty well as main speakers if you don't mind a slight lack of bass. If you have a limited budget you should definitly purchase these speakers. I highly recomend them.

Submitted by Josh a a Casual Listener

Date Reviewed: May 11, 1999

Bottom Line:
I bought these at uBid for 47 a pair, and picked up 2 pair, one as my main, and one as my surrounds, and they are excellent speakers. You'd think the bass wouldn't be that great with only a 6-1/2" woofer, but they pump, and the highs sound very clean and bright. Overall, these are excelent speakers, and for the price, probably the best thing you can buy if you are on a budget like me.

Duration Product Used:   a Casual Listener

SL-20 - Ortofon Red

I have been enjoying my 2M Red Ortofon for almost 2 years now on my Technics SL-20. I recently changed a squeaky belt on my TT but I have 3 questions: 1) After changing the belt I noticed that the 45RPM records were playing a bit slow. How do I accurately adjust the speed on my TT? I see the adju ... Read More »