Infinity Systems RS4 Floorstanding Speakers

4.35/5 (31 Reviews)

Submitted by Bill Smith a AudioPhile

Date Reviewed: May 20, 2015

Bottom Line:
These speakers are worth about $20.00 when compared to nearly anything else. I'm a 47 year old sound engineer at a recording studio. I normally use early cabinets- 1968- 1985ish- to get the sound I prefer. Sealed enclosures.
The speakers are loud. They are sensitive. The imaging is poor. The construction is the furthest from quality with it's machine cut press board and a faux grill on the bottom. Many of the write ups claim great bass. They really sound like they're coming out of a car... from the 70's! There is not high. There is not bass. The upside is they maybe good to reproduce vocals only. I wish I could show pictures but believe me, unless you find these at a garage sale for $10- $20.00 don't bother.

Submitted by JONNY (SPYDERMAN) a AudioPhile

Date Reviewed: March 18, 2015

Bottom Line:
I got my infinity RS4 floorspeakers at Goodwill for 15 bucks I am in shock of the deal I got my self they both work great needed a once over with a wet rag and now they're perfect still can't believe I got such a good deal!

Submitted by STANLEY ANDREW HUMECKI a AudioPhile

Date Reviewed: May 27, 2010

Bottom Line:
Good stuff, does more than expected. fair priced. Purchsed new. Now used in my kitchen. If you take the rear footings off, it will fill the room dramaticly when placed tn the corners. Be careful, they can tend to "boom" if not kept in check.The fabrick is easily replaceable, just pay attention. Good starter set of speakers if you don't own any. Once again, don't be afraid if they work.
Oh, by the way, have a nice day.

Submitted by Bearance a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: December 24, 2003

Bottom Line:
My Brother came down this summer and i showed him my system which was a 10 inch 80 watt sony sub and three jvc sat speakers a center and two rear and i was tell my brother that i wanted a nice set of b&w book shelves around a 100 watts so about two weeks a ago russ sent me a big package and didn't tell me what was in it i openede it and wowo a set of RS4"s man theses sound amazing so clear and so much bass for a little speaker just amazing i had a set of warfdales Crs3 and they were a mids and tweets speaker andf i thought they had the best sound but this set of RS4"S out didi them. all i can say is wow

Purchased At:   ebay aution

Submitted by Wilson a AudioPhile

Date Reviewed: July 30, 2003

Bottom Line:
I bought these for a house party that i was throwing, because i had nothing. I was planning on returning them shortly after. That never happened. I got them home hoked them up to my Yamaha RX-V495, only 75W RMS x 5. And wow! I listened to everything they had in the store, cerwin Vega, Infinity, Pioneer, and Sony. The infinity were by far the best.. The party had a live DJ and he was bumping them real hard, but not a thing fazed them. People coudnt believe that all the sound was coming from 2 61/2" speakers. Anyway I still have them, and now they are in my hometheater set up, paired with 2 mirage omnisats for the rear, and a paridigm dual 61/2" center channel. The y are all hoopk to the same amp. I have no sub and u cant really notice. Dont get me wrong they dont have the bass of a 12" or bigger but they will take any 8" and some 10" for a run for their money!!!! I listen to all kinds of music as well as DVD audio. They never fail to impress. I only wish i had nmore power to put into them. I have to agree with everyone, because they r rear ported the distance from the wall makes a bid difference, Bigger rooms are better. These r great for any applications, If you can find these still they are a steal for the price, you wont be dissapointed. If your in need of more Bass go find yourself a nice 12".

These speakers produce warm sound throughout its range. For 61/2" speakers they can go very low.
The highs are crisp and clean, the better the amp the better the sound!!!

I must also mention that i get compliments from other audiphiles about how good they sound in any application. I have friends with much more expensive speakers and they are stunned at the performance. My music producing buddies love the sound they produce, and these are guys sitting in sounds rooms listing to music on the ceme de la creme.

Anyway just buy them!