Infinity Systems RS4 Floorstanding Speakers

4.45/5 (29 Reviews)

Submitted by STANLEY ANDREW HUMECKI a AudioPhile

Date Reviewed: May 27, 2010

Bottom Line:
Good stuff, does more than expected. fair priced. Purchsed new. Now used in my kitchen. If you take the rear footings off, it will fill the room dramaticly when placed tn the corners. Be careful, they can tend to "boom" if not kept in check.The fabrick is easily replaceable, just pay attention. Good starter set of speakers if you don't own any. Once again, don't be afraid if they work.
Oh, by the way, have a nice day.

Submitted by Bearance a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: December 24, 2003

Bottom Line:
My Brother came down this summer and i showed him my system which was a 10 inch 80 watt sony sub and three jvc sat speakers a center and two rear and i was tell my brother that i wanted a nice set of b&w book shelves around a 100 watts so about two weeks a ago russ sent me a big package and didn't tell me what was in it i openede it and wowo a set of RS4"s man theses sound amazing so clear and so much bass for a little speaker just amazing i had a set of warfdales Crs3 and they were a mids and tweets speaker andf i thought they had the best sound but this set of RS4"S out didi them. all i can say is wow

Purchased At:   ebay aution

Submitted by Wilson a AudioPhile

Date Reviewed: July 30, 2003

Bottom Line:
I bought these for a house party that i was throwing, because i had nothing. I was planning on returning them shortly after. That never happened. I got them home hoked them up to my Yamaha RX-V495, only 75W RMS x 5. And wow! I listened to everything they had in the store, cerwin Vega, Infinity, Pioneer, and Sony. The infinity were by far the best.. The party had a live DJ and he was bumping them real hard, but not a thing fazed them. People coudnt believe that all the sound was coming from 2 61/2" speakers. Anyway I still have them, and now they are in my hometheater set up, paired with 2 mirage omnisats for the rear, and a paridigm dual 61/2" center channel. The y are all hoopk to the same amp. I have no sub and u cant really notice. Dont get me wrong they dont have the bass of a 12" or bigger but they will take any 8" and some 10" for a run for their money!!!! I listen to all kinds of music as well as DVD audio. They never fail to impress. I only wish i had nmore power to put into them. I have to agree with everyone, because they r rear ported the distance from the wall makes a bid difference, Bigger rooms are better. These r great for any applications, If you can find these still they are a steal for the price, you wont be dissapointed. If your in need of more Bass go find yourself a nice 12".

These speakers produce warm sound throughout its range. For 61/2" speakers they can go very low.
The highs are crisp and clean, the better the amp the better the sound!!!

I must also mention that i get compliments from other audiphiles about how good they sound in any application. I have friends with much more expensive speakers and they are stunned at the performance. My music producing buddies love the sound they produce, and these are guys sitting in sounds rooms listing to music on the ceme de la creme.

Anyway just buy them!

Purchased At:   Future Shop

Submitted by silvery sweet a AudioPhile

Date Reviewed: November 9, 2002

Bottom Line:
Well i baught them liked em in the store and likewise at home. Though there power handling is definately subpar, as I kept blowing em up with my 60 watt receiver! And beyond that a few months ago the case went bad it vibrates. The back panel and sides rattle against each other. I have had 2 wrap it in pull strtaps just so it is listenable. The bass is as good as can be expected for a singl2 61/2" driver pulling double duty as a midrange. The highs are very brite and crystaline. Wish i never baught them retail as $700 was way 2 much for these! All and all now b4 i buy anything i read up on it extinsively. I baught it because i had an old set of infinity that i cherished. Thinking it would have the same build quality was a mistake. For light music like jazz, clasical, and soft sweet balads they perform quite well. If u have a large room a preference for loud listening lvls or regularly listen 2 heavy music it isnt siuted for u.

Purchased At:   circuit city

Submitted by jumpmn a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: July 26, 2002

Bottom Line:
i've had these speakers for a lil over a year and they sound better now then the did when i first bought them.....i must say....that room placement and room size play a important role in how these speakers sound...currently the room that i have these in is about 12 by 18 feet...and the vocals and treble stand out....but when i switched them to my larger family room.....23 by 25....they sounded incredible!....so much deep controlled bass that you would SWEAR came from a sub in the corner when in fact my sub is turned off....the sound from these speakers sound extremely live and rich...something most audiophiles look for in a stereo speaker pair....i first thought that i would be missing out on some deep bottom end bass when i first bought these (6 1/2 woofer) but in fact...this speaker can reach lower frequencies than about 90 % of other manufacturers speakers with an 8" or 10" woofer!!! believe me.....check out the specs on other speakers and compare....you'll be amazed over and over!

Purchased At:   online site