Infinity Systems RS-5 Floorstanding Speakers

4.67/5 (15 Reviews)

2-Way dual 6 1/2" and one 1" tweeter. Floorstanding.

Submitted by diomondstar17 a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: November 27, 2006

Bottom Line:
these are very loud speakers they make movies seem life like.
music.played thru theses.sound way better than any other speakers ive ever owned.ive always wanted hi end speakers.with bass.
my setup.is old but it works as for sound.
kenwood 505-5.1 recever
panasonic 5 disc
panasonic dvd recorder
harmon kardon disc burner
comcast digital recever
i have monster cable runining every thing.
discontinue /more value..

Purchased At:   cuircuit city

Submitted by dans a AudioPhile

Date Reviewed: November 11, 2004

Bottom Line:
These are some of the best sounding speakers for the money. The produce excellent audio quality and don't color the sound at all. They are very rugged and people that listen to them can't belive the sound that comes out of them. Another reviewer said that he would put them up against any other system. Well, I don't think I would say that. However, they rival speakers costing huindreds and even thousands more. If you can find a pair, I would definetaly purchase them if they are in good shape. I recently picked up a pair to complete my surround sound system from ebay for a 100 bucks. Now I have a complet set for front and rear.

Purchased At:   Circuit City

Submitted by Anthony a Casual Listener

Date Reviewed: October 17, 2002

Bottom Line:
I have used these speakers for a few years now. I listened to all sorts of competition (hooked up to my HK receiver) before choosing them. I narrowed everything down based on sounds. These were the only ones left standing. I love them.

I have listened to all sorts of movies and all sorts of music. These speakers have done a great job throughout it all.

Purchased At:   OneCall.com

Submitted by CARL HAUSKI a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: March 12, 2002

Bottom Line:
System has infinity RS-5's as main, RS-3's as rears and cc-3 as center powered by Yamaha DSP-A1. Low end provided graciously by my B+W ASW-2000 sub. This system rocks for the cash spent. I pound the crap out of the system and and have had no problems. It's not the Corvette but maybe the Camaro w/ 6 speed. Thought about upgrading to Nautilus 804's w/rotel RB 1090 amp but still debating? Music and dvd's sound awesome.

Purchased At:   circuit city

Submitted by Even a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: February 25, 2001

Bottom Line:
I agree with you Matt - these speakers simply play music wonderfully. I bought these speakers in the US and I just love these speakers. I brought them home with me to Norway (spend a lot of money on that) because there aren't many loudspeakers that I truly fall for. And besides, I couldn't buy this reference series in Norway. There, it's only one place who sells Infinity (web site; www.eufonia.no)and they sell Kappa and a different Reference series. Compared to the US, Infinity in Norway are much more expensive.
These speakers produce sounds like no other I have heard with a soft crisp sound and sufficient tight bass. Compared to the new line Infinity is out with, these give out a much better sound.
If anybody can get their hands on a pair of these speakers, BUY THEM!!! They fully deserve five stars.