Infinity Systems rs-325 Floorstanding Speakers

4.88/5 (8 Reviews)

2-way bookshelf speaker

Submitted by ScottM015 a AudioPhile

Date Reviewed: December 9, 2006

Bottom Line:
I have gone through a lot of speakers in my life time. I had a unique child hood seeing that my Father and Grand Father were Manufacturer reps for audio equipment companies with lines such as Rotel, HK, Pioneer, Technics, and many other very good companies of past eras. I should mention that all of the companies have gone down hill in the last 20 years so you can presume that most things are I listened to all of this equipment since a very early age and have built and designed speakers also for the last 20 years or so. My grandfather owned a speaker company for many years (Christy Speakers) named after his Grand daughter (my sister).

I have the ear for sound and can tell very small differences in frequencies especially the higher frequencies. I like the RS 325 because of their ability to produce very clean and precise high frequencies. If I had to put a number on where they shine it would be the 10 KHz and above. Every one hears differently and many cannot tell the difference from one speaker to the next but I can tell you these are very good quality and the phase plug design of the woofer is unique as well. Only very high quality drivers use this design. I believe it aids in giving a very clear mid frequency response (admitting I do not know the exact science on this design). Do not pass up the chance to have these if you want good quality. I consider the price I paid to be fair for a great condition set. I also have a set of the RS 425 and RS 525 which are similar but better on the lower frequencies. You should do well to pick up any of these for the $200 - $500 range on Ebay or other sources.

Purchased At:   Ebay

Submitted by glennsmga a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: October 22, 2006

Bottom Line:
I bought a used set of Infinity RS 325 loudspeakers from Ebay for my secondary sound system. After listening to these two way bass reflex speakers for just a few minutes, I was astonished to realize that they were exceptional, and vastly superior to my primary system's expensive paradigms! Needless to say the infinity speakers are now hooked up for use with my primary sound system!
I have owned these infinity speakers for just over three months now. The more I listen to them, the better I like them! In short, they are some of the best sounding loudspeakers that I have ever heard, and they easily outperform many much larger and more expensive name brand speakers! These speakers produce very tight, very clean crisp, natural sound. They pump out very clean, surprisingly deep bass, if it actually exists on the recorded media being played. They do not "artificially" create extra or boomy unnatural bass like some speakers do. These speakers can generate more than adequate volume with even low powered amps, but can handle up to 150 watts RMS each! These speakers are keepers, and I can highly recommend them to anyone looking for excellent natural sounding speakers!

Purchased At:   Ebay

Submitted by lancesmith1 a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: December 19, 2002

Bottom Line:
If you love nice crisp, tight sounding audio you can't beat these speakers. I have these RS-325's in the front with a pair of RS-125's for the rears. I am looking to add a CC-3 Center for balance. I tried to cut corners on the center (CV) and learned a lesson. You might compare it to looking at a Sony Wega next to a Sansui. If you can get a pair of these or RS-125's on Ebay jump on it!

Submitted by Adam Shiffman a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: December 21, 2000

Bottom Line:
I have to agree with you all on the RS325's, they are a great speaker for the money. I purchased these about 7 or 8 years ago at the Good Guys. I compared them to speakers that were quite a bit more expensive and the Infinity's came out on top. Imagine my surprise when I hooked them up to my new A/V receiver and got terrific sound from them. I wasn't happy with the cheap speakers that came with my home theater system - the RS325 are a great improvement. Power handling is great and they produce a full, rich sound. I had been using the JBL 2600's and the JBL's really fall short in comparison. The Infinity's have much better base response and a more natural sounding midrange. The JBL's were a bit "edgy or tinny" sounding in the midrange. I'm very happy with these speakers.

Purchased At:   The Good Guys

Submitted by William Locke a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: February 19, 2000

Bottom Line:
I use these as the surround speakers in a Dolby Digital setup along with RS-625s as the front units. They add a tremendous amount of ambiance, and truly show their colors on the Video Essentials test disc.

We also have the RS-225s, which my son uses as "color' in his stereo set-up. He is very pleased with their durability.

Since they are discontinued, a very good deal could be had for the $ if you can find them.