Infinity Systems P-QPS Floorstanding Speakers

2-Way 5-1/4" Quadrapole Surround Loudspeaker

Submitted by Gary Smith a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: January 16, 2000

Bottom Line:
These are great for surround sound when you have a long room or want the sound to be spread out. Speakers have good quality sound, althogh you can get better. A box type might be better for smaller rooms, but if you have a large room and/or want the speakers mounted directly to the wall, these are hard to beat for the price.

Submitted by aye c a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: November 20, 1999

Bottom Line:
Sweet sounding surround speakers. Topnotch!

Submitted by Robert G. Raynor, Jr. a Audiophile

Date Reviewed: November 15, 1999

Bottom Line:
These speakers have good base response for their size and the overall sound is quite smooth. However, I feel they are a litte overpriced, but they done blend tonally with the Infinity Composition Preludes. If you have the Preludes, these are the surrounds to purchase. If you don't have them, look elsewhere for surrounds.

Submitted by Thomas Vong a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: November 15, 1999

Bottom Line:
Bought these new for $114 delivered (sorry, my supplier is all out). They're horrific. Crappy grills that won't stay on, paper cone drivers, just bad construction all around. I know they are di-polar in nature, but the sound is still too sloppy. Imagine if I had paid the $600 retail price!

I love my Overtures, but I hate these surrounds. I had sold my old pair of ACI surrounds which was a complete mistake. I am deeply, deeply dissapointed.

Anyone disagree with me and want to trade for a pair of nice mini-monitors?

Submitted by Tom Von Hoene a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: November 8, 1999

Bottom Line:
Picked these up on Ubid for $142 each. They're still selling them, the last batch went for only $127. Very good deal. Essentially the same as the QPS-1, with a 5.25" woofer added for improved bass. Only thing I don't like is the cheap plastic grill, in contrast to the metal ones on the QPS-1's. My current home theater consists of these, plus the infinity overture 2's, CC-3 center channel and a JBL sub. I had the QPS-1's which were nice but I felt they lacked bass, especially when reproducing explosions, gunfire etc. They're only 4 inches deep, which makes for easy placement on a bookshelf or mounting on a wall. These are matched very well to the overture 2's, as their crossover is 350 Mhz, same as the overtures' bass/midrange crossover. Price of my entire system:

overture 2's - $694/pair - ubid
P-QPS $284/pair - ubid
CC-3 $199 - shop4.com
JBL PWSD-12 $249 - shop4.com

In short these speakers round out a kick ass system for under $1500.