Infinity Systems Overture 2 Floorstanding Speakers

4.64/5 (11 Reviews)

3-Way Floorstanding Speaker with Built-in 150-Watt Powered Subwoofer. Dual 6-1/2" bass drivers. Dual 5-1/2" midrange drivers. 1" High Frequency Driver.

Submitted by kbethune a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: January 13, 2005

Bottom Line:
I absolutely love these speakers. The sound is absolutely amazing. I had RS-5's before, which offered a great bang for the buck. But, these blow them away. I use them for both audio & home theater applications. The high & mid frequencies come to life. The bass is very tight (not boomy, but extremely tight). I also use a Velodyne sub w/ them, so the low end is well covered and exceptional. These were a great deal, and I hope I can maintain them for another 10 years. They are beautiful as well (suits my contemporary decor). The RS-5's are now my rears. I just purchased a CC-3 on eBay to replace my older CC-1. Now, I'll have those grey & black little woofers all around me. I'm happy w/ a "dream system" without the "dream price"

Purchased At:   eBay

Submitted by Chris B. a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: November 20, 2001

Bottom Line:
I was just blown away when I listened to these speakers. I owned a pair of Bose 301s for about seven years, and really became accustomed to their sound. I never realized how much of the audio frequency spectrum i was truly missing. Its like going to a concert in person after having only listened to your favorite music on the radio. The clarity of voices, and individual instruments is amazing. I personally cannot tell that the sound of these speakers is "colored" in any way. They're loud too. These things just sing when you pour on the power. I'm driving them with a JVC 9010, 120W/ch. They'll overload the amp, and show *NO* signs of distortion. If you get the opportunity to buy them. Do so. You'll never look back...

I got these used, their previous owner brought them back on Circuit City's upgrade plan. What a sucker. ;-)

Purchased At:   Circuit City

Submitted by Dennis Baldwin a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: May 14, 2001

Bottom Line:
I have had these speakers for about 6 months and I am still amazed at what they can do. Listening to Journeys greatest hits is awesome. I would highly reccomend these for home theatre use also. I am looking to upgrade my A/V reciever soon.

Purchased At:   Circuit City

Submitted by Mick Scott a Audiophile

Date Reviewed: September 8, 2000

Bottom Line:
When you can affort a Overture 1 en 2, you buy a copple of good speakers. One of the best in his class.

Purchased At:   Januar 20000( get them on 1 July 2000

Submitted by Bernie a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: August 8, 2000

Bottom Line:
I thought these speakers sound great. I see alot of people complain about the bass response. What you need to realize is they're only 6.5 inch woofers. If you want that deep bass response you buy a 12 or 15 inch sub. Notice the difference, woofer and sub-woofer. These speakers are an all around speaker that will sound good no matter what you listen to. And for the prices you're paying for these speakers on ubid you can't beat them. I use them with a Harmon Kardon receiver/amplifier.

Purchased At:   ubid