Infinity Systems KAPPA 600 Floorstanding Speakers

3-Way 10" Floorstanding Speaker with Furniture- Grade Real Wood Enclosure.3-Way floorstanding speaker with 10" C.M.M.D.? woofer, 6-1/2" C.M.M.D. midrange and 1" C.M.M.D. tweeter

Submitted by James Papas a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: July 31, 2012

Bottom Line:
I have had these speakers for about 10 years now. They are still new looking and are beautiful cherry. I really love them. I have had them on 2 recievers and finally now on separate adcom monoblock amps. I have to say, they really come to life with the extra power. The bass is huge, powerful and controlled, more than enough for any loud rock or rap music. The mid range must be this speakers best point, I say that mostly because so many speaker disapoint in this category. Of course the high notes are amazing do to the infinity tweeters. At high power levels, the mids come alive and you can feel the drums and the strings, and the tweeters are just doing what they are supposed to. They make the high note very audible and noticable, but they are pleasing and never harsh. I love these speakers! I would only said I liked them before I hooked them up to the big Adcom amps, as the 6 ohm load on the big boys give the fronts about 400 watts per channel and the surrounds get about 300 watts per channel. Mostly the extra wattage seems to improve the bass contol, and moving up from a denon 4308 and and HK avr 8000 (both great recievers) I can only say Wow! Wow! Wow!. Not even as loud as when hooked up to the recieves, but the tripple amount of wattage make them seem deep, powerfull and detailed. I give these a 10 of 10 on the WAPAS audio scale. Even the grills are well made and have never broke a pin or had any problems or complaints regarding these Danish wonders of craftsmenship and technology. ROCK ON !

Submitted by MFD a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: May 11, 2009

Bottom Line:
I bought these speakers and now that I have had time to give them a good work in I thought I would write a review. To anyone looking at these speakers I'm sure that it is obvious how amazing the design is. The first time I saw these, I fell in love with them. I was a little scared to put down much money though because, honestly, I thought they couldn't sound as good as they look. Now that being said, when I first hooked them up I was a bit disappointed at the bass output. I had read before that you really need to give these speakers a work out to break them in so that's what I did. Put an audio test CD at about 20Hz and let her run for over an hour at a good volume. That was enough to break in those massive side woofers and make all the difference in the world. The clarity is actually stunning. It brings out the weaknesses and strengths of every recording and adds a depth that I really didn't think was possible. At first I was running these off of a very high level Marantz receiver but still not a dedicated amp. The sound was always clear but it really did still lack that added muscle at the bottom end. Then one day I ran across a Yamaha power amp and hooked them up to it. I mean wow! What a difference. These speakers capture every detail possible. From that experience I went on a new mission. That was to hear what these speakers sounded like when bi-amped. I connected them to a Sansui and Luxman bi-amp configuration and let them roar. I don't think I've every heard anything so amazing in my life. The point here is that no matter what system you have, these speakers will make it better. If you are looking to buy speakers to build a stereo around then I would highly recommend these.

As a final note, because I was looking for opinions on this and never found any, the debate is always on about bi-wiring speakers. In the case of these Kappas, they are so sensitive that anything you do to your system WILL make a difference. Bi-wiring definitely made my system clearer as did changing RCA cables within the components. With previous speakers I used, changing cables didn't seem to make a difference. I'm sure you have heard of Infinity's CMMD technology they used in these speakers. Well the Kappa 600's are a perfect mix of CMMD technology, proper box and crossover tuning, and a stunning design. That is why these are rated a 5 by me and worth every penny you pay for them. I hope this review helps anyone who was on the fence.

Submitted by krisztoforo a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: March 18, 2005

Bottom Line:
These are great speakers, very clean, detailed, transparent and have very good soundstage. Plus they look great. I used the Interlude-40's before these and had a week to put them side by side. The Kappas were clearly more detailed and natural sounding, though the Interludes are great speakers, too. I paid a very low price for these from a private party, but now having used them for a while I would actually pay retail for these.

Purchased At:   private party

Submitted by breitlingdj a AudioPhile

Date Reviewed: November 18, 2004

Bottom Line:
As my first pair of real speakers, I was at first ambivalent about purchasing these sight-unseen and sound-unheard. Upon break-in, all such fears were easily thrown out the windows.
My listening room is relatively small, and is open on the left of my left speaker, which usually throws my soundstaging and imaging off, but as I am used to it, and have balanced that out with the processor, using various high-quality setup CDs, I have rendered that effect out as much as possible.
The immediate thought was, WOW, thats a ton of bass. Having risen from bottom-of-the-line Entras to these beauties, in Danish Maple, I was expecting a prety big increase in quality (I used a Harman Kardon reciever, the 430, as the processor prior to my purchase of the ROtel equipment,) I was not expecting what I got.
I find these speakers to be right spectacular for the money. I get a frequency range, in my room, of about 22 or 23hz on up. Pretty decent. You jsut need a good SS amp to push the big 10s in them.
Soundstaging is very good, not incredibly deep but wide and lush. Imaging, a characteristic i normally ascribe to equipment and such, is pinpoint and excellent, on good recordings. SOme rock CDs, like A Perfect Circle's fantastic "Thirteenth Step," do exhibit a good deal of cymbal splash from side to side.
The new SACD of Harnancourt's Mozart Requiem, is simply amazing. Huge sense of space, even from 2-ch playback. Immersive and believeable soundstaging and imaging. Fantastic reproduction of voice and strings, although they do tend to be a bit dark and heavy, most noticable with male voices, such as Cantus' Deep RIver, one of my references.
A fantastic speaker. Made even better with great associated equipment and cable selection.
I would give these my absolute highest reccomendation, and would compare them with comparably priced models from B&W.

Purchased At:   Direct from Manufact

Submitted by BassHog a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: October 15, 2004

Bottom Line:
I have had these speakers about a year now and they still thrill me everytime I listen to them. This has been one of the best audio purchases I have ever made. You hear some people talk about trying to find speakers that sound good without regard to looks and some want speakers that are attractive in their home. I have auditioned a lot of speakers in my life and the Kappas are one of the few that are extremely attractive, yet sound every bit as good as they look. They have a furniture grade, real wood finish and they exude quality throughout.The Kappa 600's are true full range towers. The highs are crisp, clear, and detailed, but not harsh. The mid-range is full and strong. And last but not least, the 10" woofer gives them deep, deep bass.

I have a complete Kappa system. The 600's as the mains, a pair of 200's for the surrounds and the Kappa center. For the sub I add dual Infinity Intermezzo 1.2s subwoofers. This is a fantastic system. It is equally adept at music as it is for movies. I normally listen to music with 2 channels only and the 600's provide a wonderful soundstage. These speakers are not cheap, but at the close-out prices they are being sold for now, they are a true bargain.

Purchased At:   Onecall.com

B&W 603 S3/LCR600 vs. Infinity Kappa 600/Kappa Center

My search for speakers has finally been whittled down to 2 configs. In my title line I mention fronts and centers, but I intend to buy a full set for a 7.1 system (full set o'Kappas or full set o'B&W series 3's. I like what the B&W's do with midrange, and I *love* the Kappa tweeters. Can anyone g ... Read More »

Infinity Kappa 600

Hi everyone, I am currently using a Denon AV receiver that has 50watts/channel for 8ohms with a pair of Polk Monitor for the front, and a pair of Boston Acoustic in the rear. They works fine. But I want to slowly upgrade my system in the next 6 mos to a year. Thus, I recently purchase a pair ... Read More »