Infinity Systems HPS 1.5 Floorstanding Speakers

4.5/5 (2 Reviews) MSRP : $379.00

High Performance Home Theatre Speakers

Submitted by Dom a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: November 30, 2000

Bottom Line:
Use them as rears in HT system. Sound good and blends well with rest of system.

overture 2 fronts
hps500 sub
cc3 center

Had a rattle in on speaker at mid to high volume coming out of the box. Lived with it a short time and seemed to go away. No complaints for what I am using for, but would probably not rate them as high for main speakers.

Submitted by BJ Terrell a an Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: August 6, 1999

Bottom Line:
I had never heard of these speakers and were going to purchase the Take 5's. When I went to order them the gentleman I talked with seemed to be extremly knowledgeable and told me about this new product that Infinity was bringing out. I was getting the Harmon Kardon AVR-65 receiver and wanted some good speakers to go with it. I purchased the front and rear L/R and the center HPS speakers. The front and rear speakers are one of the few that I have ever been able to put my ear next to (within an inch) and not hear any hiss. The center speaker however does have a little hiss if you get within 6 inches. I have played many DVD's and CD's on this and they all sound great. The front and rear are 9" tall and come so that with a mounting bracket they can be easily mounted to the wall. I would highly recommend these speakers to anyone who is looking for a clean and pure sound. The HPS 250 base which is also reviewed is also highly recommeded.