Infinity Systems Delta 30 Floorstanding Speakers

4.89/5 (9 Reviews)

Infinity Delta 30 Speakers

Submitted by Bootilama a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: July 3, 2003

Bottom Line:
Wow! What a deal I got! I got a used set of Infinity Delta 30 series and a JVC RX-7010VBK for $200 bucks. I am actually giving my brother the receiver since he will get the full uses of it with his flat screen TV and Onkyo speakers but wow.. the Infinities were definitely the best deal I have ever got. They make my Yamaha Bookshelf speakers sound like crap. I am totally happy and you know they sound great with the cheap technics receiver I have. If anyone can get their hands on these babies then do so. I must say even used... I would pay more than I did... at least $75-$100 each but what a deal. I will certainly purchase more Infinity products.

Purchased At:   Moving Sale

Submitted by Nigel a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: January 17, 2002

Bottom Line:
The speaker is well designed. Hangs over backwards a bit, huge bass-pipe in the back and trapezium shape. The 3way's work great and delever crips and clear sound. The level of detail is really nice.. it makes music good and easy too listen even at higher volumes. The sound is pretty warm, and at lower volumes the bass kick's in real nice, just as I like it.

Summarizing, real big bang for it's bucks. Got it second hand and no regrets at all. The speakers themselves are not paper or whatsoever, but made out of a stiff stuff. The moving part is rubber and let the speaker move out real far :) The tweeter is kinda strange, i don't really know how it works, but it produces real crisp and high sound.

Purchased At:   2nd hand buy.

Submitted by Subra a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: February 15, 2000

Bottom Line:
I bought this speaker after reading the reviews posted
here. These are incredible great speakers. The sound
is very good and does not distort at high volumes. I
use these speakers for both home theater (all infinity
speakers) and regular music listening. They really are
worth every penny. I paid $150 each at Mercata. The only
weakness it that the speakers lower freqency is only 50Hz.
I wish it was a little lower. Anyway, I am planning to get
a subwoofer to soon.

Submitted by Ken a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: December 8, 1999

Bottom Line:
Because I'm lazy, I'm going to include this summary for all my recently acquired components and give each component its own individual grade.

My system:
Receiver: Yamaha HTR 5150 (part for part same as RX-595A)
DVD/CD: Toshiba 2109
Main: Infinity Delta 40s
Center: Infinity Delta Center
Surround: Infinity Delta 30s

My listening room is approximately 25' x 22'.

The receiver is everything I need in a 'cheap' receiver. I found it at onesale.com for $405 shipped to my door and 1 year free financing. It is the cheapest receiver that I've found that includes decoders for Dolby Digital and DTS. It also includes inputs for 5.1 channels in case they come out with a new format in the future. The sound is very crisp and clean (like most Yamahas) and it has switchable speaker impedence out so that it can handle my 6 ohms speakers (I haven't found any other receivers in this price range that are switchable). All in all I highly recommend this receiver.

The DVD/CD player is alright. It has what I needed (component video out and digital sound out) and was very reasonably priced at $230 to my door and 5 free DVDs and 13 free rentals. The picture is crisp and the sound is awesome. I don't really believe in spending a lot of money on DVD/CD players, digital sound is digital sound. I trust the name Toshiba in the DVD world, as they invented it.

My main speakers, the Infinity Delta 40s, create an excellent sound. Great bass and great high ranges. The cabinets also exactly match the Toshiba 61" big screen I have. These 3-way, 6 ohms speakers really live up to the Infinity name. My only problem has been with poor quality recordings. I have one Christmas CD that I tried playing and you could tell that the CD was burnt off of a master album because you could hear every crack in the needle. The receiver/speaker combination almost recreates the sound too well in these instances. High quality recordings are no problem. I picked the pair up for $330 delivered at egghead.com. Not bad for $1360 original retail speakers.

My center speaker, the Infinity Delta Center, matches voice with the Delta 40s perfectly. The 5 1/4" woofers provide just enough kick and I can't say enough about the emit-r tweater. Another egghead.com steal at $130 delivered for this $550 speaker.

For surround I'm using the Infinity Delta 30s, probably overkill but I just couldn't pass up the egghead.com prices and this also prevented me from having wires hanging down the wall from the speakers. Putting the wires in the wall would have been quite expensive as I have 14' ceilings and a finished basement. As I use the speakers only for surround, I cannot really testify to their quality. They reproduce the effects very well and I am quite happy with them. They are 3-way 6 ohms speakers that originally retailed for $1100 and I got delivered for $340 (yes, more than I paid for the 40s) at egghead.com

Still need to pick up a subwoofer.

Submitted by John a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: November 4, 1999

Bottom Line:
I've been looking at a number of speakers from Infinity, Boston Acoustics, M&K, and Energy. Each has their good and not so good points. I was moving towards the Infinity Prelude series when I heard a set of these. To my ears they sounded so natural. They can be a little bright but with some adjustments the sound is sweet.

I paired this with the Delta Center and love it. For the price and the sound these can't be beat.