Infinity Systems CS 3008 Floorstanding Speakers

4.67/5 (6 Reviews)

Submitted by Art laranza a AudioPhile

Date Reviewed: June 10, 2006

Bottom Line:
The 3008's have been a secondary speaker system for me and have served me extremely well.They offer extended bass response,smooth lower and upper mids and some of the sweetest highs you can find in any speaker regardless of price.They are very effecient and can be run by almost any power source but the better the source the more stunning the sound reproduction will be.The 308's sound reproduction revils that of the kappa series which are more expensive.They are rarely available but if you should find a used pair at a resonable price buy them you wont regret it.Iin order to get this kind of sound quality in newer speakers you will pay $2-$3000easy.

Purchased At:   Hi-Fi Outfitters

Submitted by Tom Marxmiller a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: January 19, 2002

Bottom Line:
I have owned these speakers for several years, and am still delighted whenever I give them a listen. I blew a woofer 2 years ago trying out a new amp, and ended up replacing the original woofers with a pair of JL wo-10 4ohm. I also lengthened the port (one of my hobbies is designing loudspeakers), so now they have an f3 point of 24 hz, vs. the original 39hz. Response is also flatter. I had to install an L pad to attenuate the 6", 3", and emit-r tweeter, as the JL is not as efficient. If you have plenty of amp power available, this makes a much more accurate loudspeaker. Infinity also used particleboard, and not MDF which would have been less resonate. I was listening to a pair of Dahlquist 5-way "time aligned" DQ-10's, at the time, and was surprised when the infinity's had even more clarity. All in all the excellent sonics out weigh the box and woofer problems.

Purchased At:   Circuit city

Submitted by audiomaster audiomaster a Audiophile

Date Reviewed: September 16, 2001

Bottom Line:
the CS-3009 is the top of the line model in the Crescendo series. the Crescendo is pretty much identical to the legendary Kappa line of speakers.

i am biamping these speakers: denon powers the mids and highs, adcom takes care of the lows. my lows are augmented by my FS-15 velodyne monsters. this setup kicks ass!

at the time i bought these speakers, the original was $2600 a pair; i paid $1200 a pair as circuit city was clearing them out. the EMIT tweeter is time-tested and has put infinity in legendary status.

Purchased At:   circuit city

Submitted by Van Pham a Audiophile

Date Reviewed: July 21, 2001

Bottom Line:
I am very pleased with the sound of these speakers. You have to hear them to believe. These are exellent sounding speakers, very clean and wide open sound, excellent detail and imaging, bass is deep and tight and almost like the real bass you would hear from life concerts. They are very rare and I hardly see them for sale, but if you can find them, try them at your home. You will be very happy regardless of how much you pay for them.

Submitted by Patrick a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: October 24, 2000

Bottom Line:
This is the first stereo I ever purchased. And I am very happy with what I have. I'm going to purchase a new Onkyo receiver tx-ds777 this week. Need 5.1!!
These speakers aren't going anywhere. They sound and look as good as the day I purchased them. Like to buy two more, if I can find them for rear speakers. I recomend these speakers to anyone if you can find them. If you do and don't want them let me know!

Purchased At:   Circuit City

Infinity Crescendo CS 3008 speaker question

Hello everyone and a very Happy New Year to you all. Mine started off great, as I just had a pair of Infinity Crescendo CS3008's basically dumped into my lap. The gentleman told me that he no longer needed or wanted them. His ex-wife tried to seal the 10 inch woofers with silicone...what a mess. ... Read More »