Infinity Systems Compositions Overture 2 Floorstanding Speakers

4.59/5 (75 Reviews) MSRP : $2200.00

Submitted by Simeon hester a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: July 17, 2014

Bottom Line:
Nice highs, mids, and love the deep bass great pair of speakers I'm happy to have them

Submitted by Lee a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: February 8, 2012

Bottom Line:
I could not afford these when they came out, but times a change a long with the price. I also got a pair of the overture 1's as well with the stands. I must say they were worth the wait, they sound oh sooo good. I must say they sound really good together and I got all of them in pristine condition for under 300.00 hundred bucks. I have had some good speakers since way back when, and I could see why I could not afford them in 1999. I know that there are a lot better stuff out there but have you ever had a pair speaker;s that you wanted in the past but they were just way out of your price range and they just kinda stuck in your head well I guess that would be me with these. They sound great the imaging is nice and know I can get rid of my old Velodyne 1512 sub since every one of these have a built in powered sub. Any way will keep them until they die. I am not a bid Infinity fan besides these. I guess things do come true, keep the music going, Lee

Submitted by Patrick a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: July 19, 2002

Bottom Line:
I bought a pair of these on ubid almost two years ago. This is the first pair of tower speakers i've owned and I still have them. Personally I think it's an OK speaker but definatley not worth the MSRP. I've listened to many different speakers at hifi stores and have to say the midrange on these speakers does compare favorably but there are negatives. The tweeters are bright especially with my setup. I prefer a more laid back speaker but some may like the detail offered by an overture. The bass is alright but if your looking for something to shake the house down get a separate subwoofer. Overall a decent speaker

Purchased At:   Ubid

Submitted by min Metally a Casual Listener

Date Reviewed: January 30, 2002

Bottom Line:
Got them more then two years ago. Mine's are dark Cherry finish which is beautiful. Never appreciated them till I got another two tower speakers. Suddenly found the OVT-2 sounds so full, so clean and the mids, yes the mids, are so outstanding. Only need a little power input and the speakers come alive. Best for Classic and Jazz. The bass is good enough for me in HT. Will keep them for the years to come.

Purchased At:   Ubid

Submitted by Greg Moore a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: December 23, 2001

Bottom Line:
I have 2 for rear channel speakers and a modified one for the center channel. I am using bigger RS-10's for the L/R's..

Having gutted one to place its components in a new cabinet for center channel use, I can say these are very well and substantially built speakers. In comparison to my sub (another brand but not cheap) they are true cabinet shop box's..

Sound wise the imaging is excellent and the bass is extreemly clean and true. They just can't thump if you are into hard rock (the RS-10's really shine here) but for other types of music they are exceptional. They would really suit a 20W tube amp of very high quality and make that amp shine.

Purchased At:   eBay