Infinity Systems BETA 50 Floorstanding Speakers

4.69/5 (13 Reviews) MSRP : $800.00

• Recommended Power Amplifier Range: 10 - 250 watts
  • 91dB Sensitivity (2.83V @ 1m)
  • 8 ohms Nominal Impedance
  • Crossover Frequency: 600Hz, 3,300Hz; 24dB/octave
  • Low-Frequency Driver: Dual 8" (200mm) CMMD
  • Midrange Driver: 5" (130mm) CMMD
  • High-Frequency Driver: 1" (25mm) CMMD

Submitted by Sam a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: September 18, 2016

Bottom Line:
I stumbled across these on a Craigslist type site. The KID who had them clearly didn't know what he had.. He also didn't know how to terminate them properly. Also, had some of the worst audio equipment I've seen (90's crappy technics receiver (not all technics are crappy), some of the smallest speaker wire I've seen and a home made aux cable).. When I arrived I inspected each of the 6 speaker's and 2 tweeter's closely. They all seemed like new. I brought along one of my receivers to see if any speaker's or tweeter's were blown, none were. The overall cosmetics were fine. Just some dirt, dust and scuffs. I was able to wipe all of it off with a wet rag. The only thing wrong was that one of the grills was missing (which is fine cause I prefer the look of them without and they sound better IMO). He said he got them from his uncle that's very OCD about keeping his things nice. He sold them to me for 45 FRICKEN DOLLARS!! Yes, $45 is what i paid.. I ALMOST felt like I was stealing (almost). Anyway, these speakers are amazing. The highs are high, very clear. The mids are very clear as well. The lows are great, they can hit every note easily/clearly with no problem at all. There does not seem to be any kind of distortion (to my ears atleast). With just a little cleaning these things look like I bought them from the store. They also sound new. I was pretty amazed at how well they still sound for being 11 yrs old.

I have them hooked up to a Pioneer VSX-1016TXV receiver and a Crown Power Base-1 amplifier. I can crank these up so high to the point where it's almost unbearable and still don't hear distortion.

I am truly amazed by these speakers. They sound awesome. I can see why the msrp was what it was. They were definitely worth it.

Submitted by Ashaan a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: September 28, 2013

Bottom Line:
Absolutely fantastic pair of speakers. My search for an ideal pair of floor standing speakers for two way audio listening, ended when I found these babies, some where after year 2000. I drive them through my Yamaha AX497 Integrated amplifier and Yamaha EQ70 Graphic Equalizer, Yamaha 5 cd changer and Technics SL1210 MK II turn table. The output is well balanced with plenty of low frequency and sharp highs. Absolute listening pleasure. I will never part with these babies!!!

Submitted by Wildmon a Casual Listener

Date Reviewed: January 5, 2010

Bottom Line:
Got these for a bargain price and have finally found a sound i like and can listen to for hours.Has a great rich full sound and sense of ease you only get from large speakers.plenty of detail but doesn't throw it at you.Using an onkyo dvd Player and NAD C370 amp in straight stereo.mine are black and i like the colour,with the silver drivers showing they look great.
Always thought soft dome tweeters were the best but these tweeters sound sweet and natural.A very good allrounder,you can play all sorts of music on these.

Submitted by Adam Woodall a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: December 2, 2008

Bottom Line:
After having several stereos throughout the years, I decided that i would create my own unique stereo using separates. I was advised by a specialist to purchase from the infinity beta range. I presently have the beta 50's. At the time I contemplated purchasing the beta 40, however, I decided for £100 more I could get the beta 50. They are connected to a Harman Kardon amplifier and they sound fantastic. Personally I set the treble to +75% and the base at +25%. This has no compromise on the base impact. It is very deep and very tight. I also find they are exceptionally clear when it comes to high frequency. I listen to my music loud and no matter how loud , there is no trace to my ear of distortion. They blend in nicely to the modern day home. For the price I paid, I am extremely satisfied with my purchase. Unusally the wife loves them too!

Purchased At:   Sound cinergy

Submitted by nick a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: June 13, 2007

Bottom Line:
this is a great pair of speakers that hs a very balanced sound , the bass is very good and i actually have to turn the bass adjustment on my receiver a little lower than usual, the cherry color is very nice not an eyesore at all like the black ones, bascially this is the speakers to get if you want to spend around 700$ and get the most bang for your buck, after this price point you will get speakers that are a little better but at a much higher cost.

Purchased At:   ebay reurbished