Infinity Systems Alpha 50 Floorstanding Speakers

4.71/5 (14 Reviews) MSRP : $765.00

• video-shielded
  • bass-reflex
  • frequency response 35-22,000 Hz (±3dB)
  • 8-ohm impedance
  • sensitivity 91 dB
  • handles up to 200 watts
  • black ash or cherry vinyl finish
  • dual 5-way binding posts
  • 9-7/8"W x 39-3/8"H x 13-13/16"D

Submitted by Charlie a Casual Listener

Date Reviewed: December 23, 2016

Bottom Line:
I baught a Denon reciever 2 Infinity Alpha 50 floor speakers a Velodine 14 inch sub, 2 Infinity wall speakers, and the center shelf Infinity speaker. giving me a 5.1 surround w/ voice command. Also an Audio Technica turntable on craigslist All for $500.00. It is the best stereo i have ever heard. The Alpha 50s and the sub alone sound superb. And i abuse it. I love loud ass music. This system holds up very nice to my abuse. I would recomend infinitys to anyone

Product model year:   2009

Submitted by Theo Paul a AudioPhile

Date Reviewed: November 16, 2015

Bottom Line:
I have a high end audiophile system with an expensive pair of speakers. My sister asked me to assemble a system for her on a $400 budget, a challenge. I found these speakers on Craigslist for $125. Before I bought the speakers I checked here for the reviews. They were all positive so I bought them
. I got them home and hooked them up and really I was very impressed. They gave my $10,000 speakers a run for the money. I listened to them for a week and found the sound terrific, balanced, lots of bass, detailed, great sound stage. They are very well built, solid construction. and look great.
I can highly recommend these as a great value for the money.

Submitted by cone a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: March 2, 2014

Bottom Line:
I purchased these on CL for $200 which is a decent deal considering build and performance..These have a relaxed, easy listening quality with imaging one comes to expect from Infinity. They might be too laid back for some. The Achilles heal of the speaker is the exaggerated mid bass which can be thick and sluggish. I tried various placement options and could nicer tame it. I eventually went with the Primus 360 which although a lower line is far more balanced speaker at a 25% or more savings. In fact, they give my IL 40s a seious run for their money. That being said, if one can find these used for under 2 bills that is still a good value. I would hi pass with a sub to tame the mid bass. I also preferred these over Athena towers...although Athenas did have better bass but ultimately fatiguing.

Submitted by Luis "darkbytes" Mendoza a Casual Listener

Date Reviewed: November 23, 2013

Bottom Line:
I had the Kappas 7.1 listening side-by-side next to this Alphas 50, listening to a marching band video on T.V. and I swear that the range is so small on the Kappas that you COULD NOT hear the trombone, whereas in the Alpha 50, having my ear right next to it, you could hear it with absolute clarity! To my range was not that important as brand and size, but now I see that it makes a world of difference!

Submitted by Rashad a AudioPhile

Date Reviewed: March 23, 2013

Bottom Line:
The best speakers ever. I've had these speakers for more than 10 years and every time I hear them my heart drops. I've heard speakers 3x more expensive and still these speakers impress me wouldn't trade them for anything else.