Infinity Systems Alpha 50 Floorstanding Speakers

4.67/5 (12 Reviews) MSRP : $765.00

• video-shielded
  • bass-reflex
  • frequency response 35-22,000 Hz (±3dB)
  • 8-ohm impedance
  • sensitivity 91 dB
  • handles up to 200 watts
  • black ash or cherry vinyl finish
  • dual 5-way binding posts
  • 9-7/8"W x 39-3/8"H x 13-13/16"D

Submitted by cone a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: March 2, 2014

Bottom Line:
I purchased these on CL for $200 which is a decent deal considering build and performance..These have a relaxed, easy listening quality with imaging one comes to expect from Infinity. They might be too laid back for some. The Achilles heal of the speaker is the exaggerated mid bass which can be thick and sluggish. I tried various placement options and could nicer tame it. I eventually went with the Primus 360 which although a lower line is far more balanced speaker at a 25% or more savings. In fact, they give my IL 40s a seious run for their money. That being said, if one can find these used for under 2 bills that is still a good value. I would hi pass with a sub to tame the mid bass. I also preferred these over Athena towers...although Athenas did have better bass but ultimately fatiguing.

Submitted by Luis "darkbytes" Mendoza a Casual Listener

Date Reviewed: November 23, 2013

Bottom Line:
I had the Kappas 7.1 listening side-by-side next to this Alphas 50, listening to a marching band video on T.V. and I swear that the range is so small on the Kappas that you COULD NOT hear the trombone, whereas in the Alpha 50, having my ear right next to it, you could hear it with absolute clarity! To my range was not that important as brand and size, but now I see that it makes a world of difference!

Submitted by Rashad a AudioPhile

Date Reviewed: March 23, 2013

Bottom Line:
The best speakers ever. I've had these speakers for more than 10 years and every time I hear them my heart drops. I've heard speakers 3x more expensive and still these speakers impress me wouldn't trade them for anything else.

Submitted by William a AudioPhile

Date Reviewed: January 1, 2012

Bottom Line:
I was really lucky with these speakers. Being on craiglist, I was looking for something of a compact size and a nice build. When I first noticed these speakers on one of the posts, the first thing that caught my eye was the design and sleek and smooth appealing simplicity of this tower. Of course, before doing anything, I ramaged through the web trying to find every bit of information on these speakers. Short story long, I bought these!!
I must say, these are wonderful, and amazing speakers!! I tried every style through these, ranging from Opera to Heavy Rock. This speaker pulled out anything I put through it, without a hint of weakness. Frequency range did take me aback. Bass was tightly displayed to the ears, mids were there and not cutout like a smile frequency, and the highs were crisp but not painful.
I sat up on my bed once, and tried out watching Twilight with these speakers. The hilarious part was how much clarity these things put out at the right time. There was a scene where Edward and Bella kissed, and at the moment of that kiss, you could hear with such ease the smack of the lips from these speakers. Honestly, my eyebrows went up with how lovely these speakers shined!!!
A while later, I have found out something which made my insides jump from happiness, was that these speakers are made by Infinity which is connected to the " Harman " company. Harman specializes in some amazing speaker production, and to own at least a floor speaker set of their chain is the grandest thing ever for me!!!
For anyone out there, whether you are looking at ebay or craiglist or some 3rd party seller, and who prefers a nice clean balanced sound and quality. You will not regret buying these!!!

Submitted by Doctor a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: November 27, 2010

Bottom Line:
The sound that never disappoint you in any genre of music !
I have Alpha 50s for about 10 years and i really love them - Soft bass and nice highs - You can not imagine the pleasure of them until you hear them yourself - Best floor standing speakers for the money !