Harman Kardon HKTW6 Floorstanding Speakers

The HKTW 6 delivers articulate bass, a detailed midrange and crystalline treble dispersed over a wide listening area. While its larger enclosure allows the 6-inch, polymer-coated low-frequency transducer to achieve bass extension down to 48Hz, the HKTW 6 is still small enough to be décor-friendly. Video shielding, a 3/4-inch titanium-coated high-frequency transducer and quality 5-way binding posts are also featured.

Submitted by hendricksonet a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: January 4, 2005

Bottom Line:
set out to buy my first audio system. I didn't want to settle for buying my system at Best Buy so I went online in search of a great sounding system. For the first time I was happy that I got a pop up ad. It was advertising HK Direct on ebay. From there I bought all my speakers. All of them were Brand New never opened shipped directly from Harman Kardon.

When I hooked these up to my HK AVR430 I was amazed. The clarity was something I was hoping for, but did not expect for the $147 sticker price I paid. To test the speakers a bit more I popped in the Top Gun DVD and was blown away. Everything sounded awesome! From then on I have loved turning up the volume on any movie and listening to every detail. I have a pair of HKB6's, which are the same speaker except for that the HKTW6's have the tower. This tower gives them a bit more low end response.

When I tell people that I paid $147 for these they ask "per speaker?" When I inform them of the total price their expectations fall, but when they sit down and listen to them they want to know how to get a pair for themselves.

Overall I would recommend these to speakers anybody, except if you can afford higher end B&W or B&O speakers.

Purchased At:   HK Direct eBay Store

Harmon Kardon HKTW6 any good ??

Hello, i can't seems to find the review and prices anywhere. [url]http://www.audioreview.com/Main,Speaker/Harman%20Kardon,HKTW6/PRD_171641_1594crx.aspx[/url] anyone have these and do you like it ?? if i can get it for $75 each should I JUMP on it ?? $75 each seems cheap on the floor-standing ... Read More »