Hales Design Group Transcendence 1 Floorstanding Speakers

4.5/5 (8 Reviews) MSRP : $1990.00

Two-way monitor

Submitted by Tony wood a AudioPhile

Date Reviewed: February 6, 2003

Bottom Line:
I recently bought the trans one from ebay for 1200 and i was shock it sounded much better than my dynaudio 1.3 mk2 se.First or all,the bass tone sound more correct,speed is much faster,dynamic excellent.I have hear things that I never heard from my dynaudio speaker.the timbre shading dynamic contrast very wide.

Submitted by Kenny Cook a AudioPhile

Date Reviewed: February 6, 2003

Bottom Line:
John is right,this is one hell of a speaker.It ever kill my proac response 1.5 in almost every aspect except my response 1.5 have slightly lower bass.What I like most of the Hales Trans.one is the speakers just disppeared.

Purchased At:   audiogon

Submitted by John William a AudioPhile

Date Reviewed: February 6, 2003

Bottom Line:
Bought this speaker 4 months ago and can't be happier.Brought it to my friend's place to compare with his JMLab mini Utopia and we'er both surprise it beat the hell out of the JMLab mini.Especially the soundstaging tight focus and the layering.Just by listening to the deep tight bass and the liquid highs plus the textured mid,i think at $1200 is a steal.

Purchased At:   marketplace

Submitted by Ralph May a Audiophile

Date Reviewed: December 13, 1999

Bottom Line:
I purchased this loudspeaker about 6 months ago. It does everything well, but it is extremely fussy about where it's positioned. To tame the unruly mid-bass, they require that you place them almost half way into the room from the front wall. Then you have to play with them, back and forth, until you find the "spot". However, the rewards are really something special.

I also originally was disappointed because of the mid-bass peak. However, I ended up finding that the room was at fault. These speakers demand as little interaction with the room as possible.

They also demand considerable power if you really want to hear them open up. Having met those caveats, you can be assured of receiving performance outside of the envelope for $2000 speakers.

Associated equipment:
Metronome Technologie' CD-1V
Audio Research LS16
McCormack DNA-1 Deluxe Edition
Nordost Blue Heaven and Red Dawn cables
etc.

Submitted by Charlie Cook a an Audiophile

Date Reviewed: May 27, 1999

Bottom Line:
Bought these speakers used for $1,000 and I couldn't be happer. They're connected to Cambridge Audio electronics A3i amp, CD4 cd player and T500 tuner. For under $2300 the system sounds 80-90% as good as my primary $12,000 system. The Hale Transcendce Ones image like champs, and provide plentiful bass. Like my Theils, the Hales are holographic, projecting a clear soundstage, as transparent as any electrostatic I've heard. Highly recommended, though at full price I'd have a tough time choosing between them and a pair of Theil 1.5s.

Duration Product Used:   an Audiophile