Genesis Technologies Genesis III Floorstanding Speakers

Five-way dynamic loudspeaker

Submitted by Mohd Faizel Bin Abdullah a AudioPhile

Date Reviewed: October 2, 2006

Bottom Line:
I have used quite a number of speaker before I settledown with the Gen 3. When I first audition the speaker at the owner's place, the sound produced was terrible and the bass was too heavy that it really rock the room with all the detail missing.

But I still decide to trade-in with my Sonus Faber Elacta Amator + Esoteric P10 Transport & D10 D/A convertor as I am very confident with my Audio Research Monoblock V140 will be able to control the bass. After I hook up with my system, I realize how good the speaker is that I begin to hear so much details that I could'nt hear with my previous speaker. I'm also using the EAD Pro 8000 processor as my Pre-amp alongside with my Muse Thalia 9 DVD player. The sound it produce was superb that even my friends are able to hear the differeces with my old speaker.
If you happens to get in the second hand market, please grab it before it's gone as these speaker will definitely make your music more enjoyable to listen to for a long time.

Submitted by Riki_Stefano a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: April 13, 2005

Bottom Line:
This is the speaker to buy if your looking for an accurate soundstage,deep tight bass,accurate highs and mids & very powerful quality bass.I bought a used levinson 23.5 to drive these beauties and was rewarded with even better sound then when i used my old Krell KMA 100 amp.If you want real true uncolored sound with deep bass and accurate mids and highs,these are the speakers to own below $10,000 price range.

Submitted by LEE a AudioPhile

Date Reviewed: April 8, 2005

Bottom Line:
I have had the pleasure of living with the Genesis lll for over 3 year.They are without doubt the finest speakers I have owned (Previous speakers
include Avalon Ascent MK11, Rockport Sysygy, Sonus Faber Guarneri, Aerial 10T
Von Schweiker VR 4,B&W 802N,Piega P10,Thiel 3.6 etc )
The Genesis lll are coherent from top to bottom, the sound like a single driver
with no frequency peaks or troughs at the crossover points. Soundstaging is
superb, the speakers do create real 3D images that audiophiles strive for but
rarely acheive in their systems. The bass is tight , accurate and with the
right amplicification convincingly powerfull.
The speakers are as fast as the amplification allows.
All in all a wonderfull speaker which also looks as good as it sounds.
The only real negatives are first, it requires at least 300 hours break-in
(initial listening is unpleasant as the bass is uneven and slow and the whole
speaker sounds disjointed, after 15O hours its sounds OK and then it all
comes together).Secondly it requires high current power to get the best out of its
soundstaging and 3D imaging capabilities. At present I'm auditioning bridged
Mark ML 27.5 (200 watts into 4 ohm very high current). With 'normal' amps it loses its magic,
but still sounds very good. I believe the ML 23.5 are an ideal match.SPEAKER HIGHLY RECOMMENDED.

Purchased At:   used audio shop

Submitted by RonnyT a AudioPhile

Date Reviewed: March 10, 2005

Bottom Line:
What can I say, these speakers Rock. Stevie Ray never sounded so good. The clarity is phenomenal. All my CD’s sound great. My brother and his wife came over, I loaded the Stevie Ray and they were floored. They thought I was crazy for buying these monsters, but now they understand. Fleetwood Mac, Rumors, excellent, I was never aware of all the background sounds that are going on in that CD. I haven’t gotten my Universal player yet, but I’m sure SACD and DVD-A will blow me away.

Bill says his ears hurt, he’s probably listening to the music to loud. The problem with some people who are not familiar with High End equipment is that they don’t realize that you can keep turning up the volume and you will not get distortion, like they would with their old stuff. With the old equipment, you could turn it up until it stopped sounding good, that was your limit, with the Genesis III there is no limit,
so I think Bill needs to sell his G3 because he’s going to go deaf waiting for distortion and muddiness to tell him to turn it down.

The high end is so airy smooth and accurate. Mid-range is rich creating an excellent soundstage image. Low-end is tight without boominess or muddy qualities.Excellent details,Awesome timbre shading.

I recommend good clean power. I’m driving with the Adcom 5500 and the Classe 301. I tried them with and without the 301 and can definitely tell the difference. But don’t worry, you’ll have great listening even without the 301. But adding the power will pay off!!

Purchased At:   used audio shop

Submitted by Ricky_NY a AudioPhile

Date Reviewed: February 10, 2005

Bottom Line:
For the last couple of years, I have been searching for an upper-end speaker system. I have auditioned the Wilson Watt Puppy, Legacy Whisper, Avalon Eidolon, Vandersteen V, Revel, Meridian DSP 6000 and some others I can't remember. On rare occasion when listening to a speaker for the first time, it is only necessary to listen for five seconds before realiazing that the speaker in question is something very special. This is one of those speakers. The longer I listened, the more I appreciated what I was hearing.

The overall impression is that the sound is very clean and clear. The speakers develop a remarkable soundstage with rather precise imaging.

The driver integration between woofers, midrange and tweeters is exceptionally seamless. Best of all, the speakers disappear as discrete sources of sound and the music smoothly fills the area around and between the speakers.

The bass is exceptionally tight,deep and clean and very powerful. Their midrange would be hard to beat and the highs are clear and very detailed. The ability of these speakers to reproduce the human voice is uncanny, especially on solos.

Their sound is not as cold as the Watt Puppys, generally clearer and with better bass than the Whisper, not as dry as the Eidolon.

Genesis III is a (if not THE) top contender in their price range and compete very favorably with speakers twice their price.

Genesis Model III (unhappy with Focal 927 BE)

Hi, first, please excuse my english, i`m from germany. Now to the problem. I own a pair of JmLab 927 BE at the time. I find that they are nice speakers, but they sound just a bit to bright and at the top end the so called brilliant beryllium tweeter (so-called best on the market) just annoys m ... Read More »