Genesis Technologies APM-1 Floorstanding Speakers

4.91/5 (11 Reviews) MSRP : $9500.00

Genesis Technologies APM-1 Dipole Speakers (Rosewood)

Submitted by KEVIN a AudioPhile

Date Reviewed: March 15, 2007

Bottom Line:
I found out that these speakers require some tweeking but the biggest improvement came when i updated the suwoofer section to 501 series for an additional $1250,00 This improvement changed the slam factor from bloated to utterly earth shattering with tremendous slam and taut vibration free response.These speakers are great for home theater application however they will blow you away in 2 channel given great source such as Linn solo 500 .Extrelely easy to listen to with plenty of soundstaging .A joy to look and to listen to.However make sure you feed it top notch current and good signal .I have had mine in the home theater for 5 years and have not found an equal.

Purchased At:   UNDERWOOD WALLY

Submitted by John a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: January 22, 2002

Bottom Line:
I have set these speakers up in an "L" shaped room where one woofer fires into an open area and they sound fine. I don't agree with any critisism of them being difficult to set up. I plopped them down, slid them to and fro, played with the level adjustments,and there they stay! What is so difficult?
The dipole effect really adds to the realism of a live act, and that is why I bought my set. They have true timbre, particularly on female voices. The tweeters are superb, without any glare whatsoever, however, not quite the focused stereo imaging of metal dome tweeters. High frequency listening fatigue is no longer a problem with the APM-1.
I like my music live, so I have set up these along with a pair of PSB Goldi. They stand side by side,towed in, approximately 8' apart. What is sacrificed by a side firing base in the APM-1 is gained by the front firing PSB. Likewise with tweeter imaging. The best of both worlds at a much lower price. Try this set up and you will be amazed at how good it sounds, and why you have never seen it suggested in audio literature! The more I learn firsthand the more I realize just how many fools there are in audio who pretend to know more than they do.

Submitted by Rich Cohan a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: July 15, 2001

Bottom Line:
Magnificent. That is the only word that can describe the sonic perfection that is presented by the APM-1s set up only 2 days ago. The soundstage is wonderful and presentation utterly special. In deciding on the APM-1s I, after listening and researching many superior speakers, had it narrowed down to Proac Response 5s and the APM-1s. In the end the value added to my listening pleasure by the APM-1s won out. I will enjoy these speakers for many years to come!

Submitted by Gennady a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: April 13, 2001

Bottom Line:
Absolutely fantastic speakers,audionirvana.

Submitted by Alexander a Audiophile

Date Reviewed: December 10, 2000

Bottom Line:
I've owned these speakers for over a year now. I purchased them from a friend who decided he wanted to dump $20,000 into the 350SE. I've never in my life enjoyed a speaker more then these. I've owned speakers ranging from Thiels to Audio-Physics, and none have stayed in my listening room as long as these have. This is probably the most underrated speaker in existence today. 5 Stars, all the way.