Gekko GK-SW10
Description: 10 inch servo control powered subwoofer

Submitted by jeff ehritt a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: July 17, 2000

Bottom Line:
Purchased from Hawkeye Audio from their specials page. I was holding out for a Paradigm PW-2200 which I am sure would have been awesome and a good deal more powerful. The GEKKO has worked out fine with my brand new system. Moview are great and music also. I know a lot of people want their BASS to kick ass and impress or distress the neighborhood, but the GEKKO's compliment whatever they are working with, which is what I was looking for. Plus, the price was right>>>$399. Small enough to hide with a sound big enough to accent but not overwhelm.

My other components are:

Front speakers>>>Paradigm Studio 20's (the sound just keeps getting better the more I play them)

Center>>Paradigm LCR-450 (clean & clear and matched perfectly to the 20's)

Rear speakers/surrounds>>>KLIPSCH Heresy's(yep, believe it or not I am using 1973 speakers for my surrounds that sound fantastic as surrounds!! I'll probably add my Paradigm Titans on the ceiling beams mounted with swivel brackets to compliment them).

Receiver>>>Yahama RX-V795a

DVD Player>>>Pioneer DV-333 (can't beat it for the price>>$235 shipped>>>crystal clear picture and sound, plays CD-R, CD-RW, etc, great slow-mo and stop action , no jitter).