GamuT Audio L-7 Floorstanding Speakers

• Stainless steel spikes
  • High-gloss Maple Bird-Eye

Submitted by David a AudioPhile

Date Reviewed: July 17, 2007

Bottom Line:
Hello.

I have owned a pair of L7s since mars 2007, Before that i had the L5 for a little bit longer than a year. When i first bought the L5 i was stunned how good it sounded and i didnt want to change it for anything else in the world, Its apperence and sound was very addictive. I did not think it could be any better. But then the dreams about the L7 started to haunt me. Wonder how the L7 sounds? if the L5 rocks how would the L7 sound? The dreams of a L7 seemd far away, It went a couple of months and then i decided that it was time :) I did put out my pair of L5 on sale and it took not long for them to be sold. I orderd a pair of L7 in Piano black Notice that i had not had the chance of hearing them before i bought them.

As the L5 the finsh just kicks ass, 11 Layers hand polished laquer on a deep black piano color. My L5 where in rosewood.

First when i unpacked them i was stunned how big they were, And Beautiful. Pictures do not give the Justice! I quickly set them up on my previous setup location for the L5s. Hokked them up and kicking them to life, The first seconds i heard i heard that i where a world of diffrences from what i was used with the L5. Everything was better in the performance than the L5, L5 is good but the L7 is king.

I play alot of metal but also country, Folk and classics. I like to play it loud, Very loud. When you think that you have pushed the L7 the the limit, I can assure you that you have NOT! You can push them even further and even beyond that without any dist.

The soundstage, Tonality and sound all get topnotch!.

Drive them with a quality amp with lots of power you will get the best which will not fail to please you listning sessions. I my self using the GamuT D200 which feeds the L7 what it needs, But an even bigger amp is preferd to get even deeper bass response!

Purchased At:   Local Dealer

Submitted by David a AudioPhile

Date Reviewed: July 17, 2007

Bottom Line:
Hello.

The soundstage, Tonality and sound all get topnotch!.

Purchased At:   Local Dealer