Fried Studio 7 Floorstanding Speakers

• 43 1/2" H x 11" W x 20" D
  • Shipping Weight: 125 lbs. each
  • Crossover Point: 180Hz, 2kHz
  • Finish: Cherry; other finishes may be special ordered
  • Drivers: 1" Dual concentric ring tweeter 8" and 6 1/2" Woven Glass Fiber Cones, magnesium free flow frame, vented pole piece.
  • Sensitivity: 90 db.
  • Warranty: Five years, limited

• Review Options:  Sorted by Latest Review | Sort by Best Rating

Submitted by laminarflow a AudioPhile

Date Reviewed: February 25, 2005

Bottom Line:
    The new FRIED Products Co. has just released three models. I have purchased the Studio 7 speakers. They are floor standing three way speakers, using Bud Fried's TL loading for the woofer and mid-driver. The speakers are supplied with spikes, are mirror imaged. They weigh 88 lbs.
    After the 40 hour break-in period, they sound extremely musical. That is, they don't boom or sizzle. They do not draw your attention, rather they reproduce music as if you were at the actual live performance.
    I have been a loyal FRIED customer since 1978, when I purchased my first pair of FRIED's, the R/II. After that, I had the model M, which I updated to the M/II. Also had the Betas, the Q's and the G/II's, which later became the G/IIA Improved model, through numerous updates, a hallmark of FRIED.
    If you are looking for an accurate reproducer, give these speakers a listen, you will not be diasappointed.

Purchased At:   GrayHaven A/V

Klipsch RF 7 Vs Paradigm Studio 60

I am in the process of replacing my 30+ year old Tandberg 3 ways and have not looked at speakers in that time or receivers, Luxman R115, since late 80s. I have looked at same price range Martin Logans, Magnepans, JM Labs, Sonnus Faber, and Dalis. I think I have settled between the Klipsch and ... Read More »

Ok Here We Go:Definitve technology Bp7002, Mirage OM-7, or Paradigm studio 100 v3

I am having a little dilema with speaker purchasing here. I'm not sure what to do. All three of these are excellent but in the end there must be only one, or two.......no only one pair! By the three choices I'm sure you can tell my tastes in a speaker, anyways I value your input so lay it on me!Read More »